422. You may not vote on this poll
  • Squigies

119 28.20%
  • Gulp

303 71.80%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Squidgies Vs Gulp ?

Re: Squidgies Vs Gulp ?

Don,t get time these days to do many trials but do find gulps successful.
    Having said this also had a lot of luck even with the early S/P in the Territory a few years ago on pink double tails at Cahalls Crossing and the East Alligator.

I have both in my bag and chop and change sometimes either can work better I think the squigies have better action and if fish are feeding on sight they work better. if they need some exrta encouragement then the smell of the gulp will often get em going.

all plastics work.. it all depends on right time right place right plastic..[/quote]

Couldnt have said it any better.
    Bag em 'n' Tag em,
    Gumbo1

spuidgys for me, have not had alot to do with gulp, but a rep gave me some at a shop one day, they dry out if not keeped in there packing. but the new gulp alive looks like it might be worth having a look at. has anyone noticed if gulp alive is any better then your standard gulp ?

Gulps are great , my favourite - but they aren't biodegradable - not in the sence you think.

They biodegrade on a compost pile. But not noticably in salt water over 18 months.

FoodSource and Daiwa sluggers are the only biodegradable plastics i have found.

squidgy for me hands down.and snapbacks and a few other brands
    if i wanted to go bait fishing id go and buy bait as garry fooks says its not really biodegradable another marketing tool to fool me and obviously many of you guys too if you can cast it out and let it sit on the bottom then its bait i rekon.
    purcho

i perfer gulp

squidgys all they way. although have caught many on gulp i still prefer squidgys
    Cheers
    BreamBuster33

Lindys old bay side $5.00 packet of 10. My secret.

Gulp do most of my damage. But as of late the Bream are loving the Berkley Power-
    Bait. Good to hear Squidgies are bringing out a Bio Plastic, hope they are better than
    those Slam.

cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bevan smith View Post
    spuidgys for me, have not had alot to do with gulp, but a rep gave me some at a shop one day, they dry out if not keeped in there packing. but the new gulp alive looks like it might be worth having a look at. has anyone noticed if gulp alive is any better then your standard gulp ?
    Yeah mate they are good for the reason they are in a tub of gulp juice and they dont
    dry out. there only problem is they need to come up with a better lid cause they dont
    seal well and that juice can make a real mess. But still a top product.

Gulps all the way......Always worked for me

Mister twister all the way

They're both a good product, but each has an advantage. Squidgys have a better action and Gulp a better scent, it seems to work better than that s-factor nonsense. One thing they don't have and that is value. Now without plugging the corporate market too much, you will find that a major outlet that starts with Big and ends with W is dollars... and I mean dollars cheaper than any other large outlets. My jigheads this morning were $4.67 for ten and my 8lb fireline was $21.87. All other SP's were at least $3 cheaper than anywhere else. When you chew through these items it pays to know who has good prices.

Cheers
    Luke

We just got back from the Whitsundays Annual Fishing Trip. Awesome. All plastics work, it depends on how you present it to the fish. How it flutters down so obviously the lighter jighead you can use generally the better combine that with quality braid and pretty much every plastics I tried work. Caught so many hungry little Cod and Coral Trout on a 5inch Squidgy Fish. After the frustration of constantly catching smaller specimens I switched to a 7inch jerk shad in the glow in the dark blue. This proved to be an awesome lure. I used the same setup and got a 20kg Longtail, 5kg Coral Trout and then to top it off landed a feed of Squid with it that night. I had always preffered the Squidgys and I still think that you will catch a fish with a Squidgy before a Gulp. I would have caught close to 80 Fish on Squidgys and only 4 on my Gulp. But those 4 are memories for a lifetime. Also caught some great GT's on Zman and Snapbacks. They all work on their day!