Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stage 5 water restrictions

Re: Stage 5 water restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    that is a good argument to ban all washing of cars and flushing of boats motors etc..will just end up dirty again very soon.
    that's exactly what i keep telling my wife, she still wants me to wash it....

DR
    Between you and Ozwald, I'm still trying to pick myself up from the floor laughing.

Maybe I am a bit off track here.
    So when we can use more water it is going to cost more?
    Funny when we were stopped from using so much we still had to pay the same as when we could have the sprinkler going all day.
    When you pay for a service and you do not recieve that full service you should be entitled to a refund.
    Council should have reduced our rates when they could not provide the water we have already paid for. Someone should hit them up with a class action suit for failure to deliver a service and get our money back.

There are two sides to the issue , supply and demand. One thing we can do immediately without waiting for dams and pipelines to be built is to stop the demand increasing by stopping immigration until dams are built or significant rain falls. Practically everyone coming to Australia is going to an area that already has water restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by shayned View Post
    Of course you can, but only by imersing it in a bucket of soapy water and rubbing it across the windscreen and windows of your car and boat!!!!!

Thanks very much Shayne for a brilliant idea - it works! Have been out for eleven or twelve days but yesterday, as soon as my wife left for shopping, I grabbed her little lap dog, gave her a good dunking in soapy water and applied her as suggested.

The neighbours long hair cat must be psychic - it bolted just as I was wondering if I could use it to dry and buff the windscreen. Next time!