Thread: Govt Petition to keep Fraser open to 4WDs Please sign!

Govt Petition to keep Fraser open to 4WDs Please sign!

Hi All,

The following link is to a Parliamentary petition to keep Fraser Island (North of Hook Point) open to 4WDs. It has been generated by David Gibson MP. If you sign this petition, then David will take it to Parliament for debate. If you feel strongly about the issue - then forward the link on to anyone you know who has a 4WD or visits Fraser. So far there are 200 signatures - we need many thousands if Fraser is to be kept open.

Be warned, they do ask you to verify yourself by providing name and address - Mickey Mouses and Donald Ducks wont go through.

Adam

Heres the link: http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/view/EPetitions_QLD/CurrentEPetitions.aspx?LIndex=1

CURRENT E-PETITION

Subject:Keep the beach access around Hook Point open Eligibility:Queensland residents Sponsoring Memberavid Gibson MP Principal Petitioner:Lionel Powell PO Box 486 HERVEY BAY QLD 4655 Num of Signatures:200 Posting Date:05/03/2007 Closing Date:13/04/2007

Do you wish to sign this E-Petition? Yes

Email this link to a colleague

TO: The Honourable the Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly of Queensland
    Queensland residents draws to the attention of the House this Labor Governments plan to close vehicular beach access to an 18km stretch of Fraser island, north of Hook Point.

Your petitioners, therefore, request the House to retain vehicular access of this stretch of Fraser island and recognise the iconic status of Fraser Island as a 4WD destination for tourists, recreational fishing, boating and camping.

Re: Govt Petition to keep Fraser open to 4WDs Please sign!

Thanks for the info Adamy, just signed the potition and will forward it on to a few mates. Good Work!
    Ryan.S

Re: Govt Petition to keep Fraser open to 4WDs Please sign!

Thanks for the link! I've added mine and forwarded it to my friends - also had to sign the daytime NRL final one as well, almost as important as hook point!