Thread: Complaint to the EPA

Complaint to the EPA

The following is the response from EPA when I completed their public feedback form on their website. My concern was that most people are still at work or commuting during the times of the displays and that consideration should be given to the working population when sheduling their public feedback and information events.
    They state that "We would be happy to answer any further questions you may have concerning the Moreton Bay Marine Park Zoning Plan review" Trouble is that they couldnt answer any of my questions at the Community Display Session in the first place so what has changed.
    It appears that they think the only people interested in fishing dont work for a living! How wrong they are!

Regards
    Shane Boese

"Dear Mr Boese

Thank you for attending the Cleveland community display session. We would be happy to answer any further questions you may have concerning the Moreton Bay Marine Park Zoning Plan review. You can send your questions via email to moreton.bay@epa.qld.gov.au or you may wish to phone the free call number 1800 105 789.
    Community display session times were chosen to maximise opportunities for people to attend with most running from 3.30pm to 6.30pm. These public displays do not include a formal presentation and can be attended at any time during the listed sessions to view the display material or speak to an EPA officer. Email, website and free call options were established to meet the needs of those who could not attend scheduled sessions.
    Thank you for your feedback.""
    Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent genius will not; un-rewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone is omnipotent."

Re: Complaint to the EPA

Shane,
    Exactly the same thing happened to me, they couldnt answer any of my question,and think that green zones, will be the be all, and end all, of such things as the millions of litres,of treated sewerage, that gets pumped into the bay, daily.

Sorry state of affairs,and the timing of the displays sucked, big time
    David