Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: QLD Greens calling for a Green bid for 4WD tax hike

Re: QLD Greens calling for a Green bid for 4WD tax hike

Why should your average jo be punished for owning a 4 w d. Punish the ppl who just use there 4wd as a town car. I realize a lot of ppl cannot afford 2 cars but there are lot of Torak Tractors that just get used to deliver children to school and do the weekly shopping. Yes i have a 4wd that sits in the driveway for approx 9 months a year do i get a rebate on my rego, no. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Mick King.

Already posted
    Last edited by fishingjew; 27-02-2007 at 10:08 PM. Reason: already posted

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

It is about time the greens grew up and stopped spitting their dummies everyday. This garbage about enviromental impact is just that. If they want to discuss damage done by cars why not discuss the real menace, the old clunkers that spew smoke every time they start up (like old mazda's). I dont know about others but I wouldnt mind seeing yearly inspections introduced like other states and countrys to try and reduce some of the emissions that are at the moment flowing freely from a lot of older cars. It is not just 4x4's that are causing the problems.

Kel

The day a barina can carry 2 tonnes on his back and pull a trailer loaded with rooftiles ill be the first one to change over.Till then ill stay ignorant.At least i admit to being one.
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

http://www.trac.org.au/index.html

Greenpeace Involved in Disgusting Behaviour

Follow the links to see what greenpeace says

There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.