Thread: Using Medical Insurance to pay for Fishing Tackle!

Using Medical Insurance to pay for Fishing Tackle!

I've just made my 1st claim for Fishing Tackle(Saltwater flyreel) on my Medical Insurance. I think this is an awesome!!!

I got back about 40% back, and have just about used my limit.

I suggest anyone with medical insurance check there policy or consider changing.

I think I'll get a conventional Billfish outfit next year.

Wes

Re: Using Medical Insurance to pay for Fishing Tac

G'day Wes,
    How does that work???
    Ckeers Luke

Hey Fellas'
    Yeah i did the same. My fund, you spend at least $150 you get back $100. You can do this twice a year(every 6 months). so for $300 a year you get back $200, better than nothing.
    Cheers
    Muzza
    PS, have to be a certain cover.

Luke & Muzza,

I have MBF Diamond cover in QLD. I think MBF are waving most of the waiting times if you join before the end of Sept.

I think a family can claim up to $400 per year on sport equipment. I've got new sport shoes for the whole family too(I think this limit is seperate to the sport equipment limit because I've got a couple of $100 back on shoes already).

I suggest you give your health insurance a call and find out if your covered.

Muzza, I think it was your post about getting the cost of the fly rod back through health insurance, that got me to change my level of cover. Thanks.

Wes

Hey Wes,
    Mate good stuff, these days it all helps to get something back. I just gotta get a handle on this fly outfit now. The funny thing is flickin around in the yard is fun , so I reckon I'll be blown away when I start hookin fish on it.
    Cheers
    Muzza

Yep, I've been doing it for years 8), I'm with Manchester Unity & I get a claim for $100 every 6 calander months. Last claim paid for a good chunk of my TSS4.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM