PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Lakes firing !!!!!

Scott_Mitchell
24-09-2001, 08:32 AM
;) Just thought I would let every one know how good the fishing ahs been on our Snowy lakes recently. Its actually been pretty good all winter this year.

We had a heap of top quality fish brough in over the weekend - with nearly every one being over a kilo - and some up to 2.5kg. Both rainbows and browns, and all in top condition. Most fish where caught trolling and on bait.Although Tantangara has produced some reasonable fly fishing.

All the lakes are rising fairly quickly, and it won't be long before we see them up on good ground. Tantangara is already over grass. Best lures have been tassie's in Colours 19,21,23,36,50,Halo and the new 86. Both duel depth or on 2 -3 colours of lead line. Minnow lures have also fished well with Attacks in the orange tiger fishing well over the weekend, Merlin deep divers in brown and rainbow trout colours, Tillsan minnows in the green and gold, and the GMG Scorpion frog.Fenders and Flatfish in gold have also done well for those who fish them.

On the bait it has been scrubbies and grubs fished with a power bait dropper.The brighter colours in the power bait have been best : Rainbow,shertert,lemon twist,orange etc.

With the start to our river season only two weeks away - things are looking set for a great season. For an up to date report on the local fishing you can check out our web site at www.alpineangler.com.au

I'll be flat out fitting in all the fish and anglers this Thursday.

Regards Scotto

Brett_Finger
05-10-2001, 03:39 AM
Scotto,
jeez mate ya better slow down or you might start to get fit ;D and we can't have that.
i was just about to induct you into the.....
"Comfortable Boys Fishin Club" ;D ;D ;D
a non profit outfit, decaited to the fautherment of better food for fishing trips!!!!!!!!
Hookin, Brett ;D