PDA

View Full Version : Leslie Dam trip

Katrina
19-11-2001, 11:41 AM
:o Have just returned from 4 days at Lake Leslie near Warwick. The fishing was a little slow. I only pulled in one Golden Perch - 40cm. That was it, on Friday. Picked up trolling on a greeny yellow boomerang. Saw very few fish caught at all, a fishing club was there, mostly doing the live shrimp thing, and their pickings were sparse as well. The weather was mostly fine, just the odd shower. Hopefully things will improve as the weather warms up! ;)

Fitzy
19-11-2001, 05:35 PM
Hi Katrina,
Thanks for the report. What was the water level? ???
Should think about giving Somerset another go. Bass & yellas are going off at present. ;D

Cheers,

Fitz

Katrina
20-11-2001, 08:49 AM
:o Water level was about 27 - 28%. The blue green algae levels were in the low range, but there seemed to be a lot of weed around. Somerset's ok, just winds up costing us big time. We were foolish enough to buy a carton of mid strength beer for $35 at the store at the township. Highway robbery for sure. 2 days camping at Somerset cost us $41 including boat permit, total cost at leslie $10 a day. Probably won't do any dams until Awoonga at Xmas. Probably head out with a mate who has a new boat over to Sth Straddie in a few weeks time. Maybe get some lizards, I dunno. Probably toadfish knowing my luck!!!

Fitzy
20-11-2001, 10:41 AM
What ever takes your fancy I suppose.
Somerset cost you $21 extra for a weekend than Leslie, going by your figures. I recon the fishing would be at least twice as good at Somerset with extra fish species, more fish & bigger fish on offer & some of the best facilities your going to find at most lakes.
What about the extra fuel costs to go to Leslie? Would that almost make the costs the same?

Shoulda gone the 13 klicks into Kilcoy pub to get your beer.

Cheers,

Fitz..

Katrina
21-11-2001, 04:41 PM
::) Worked out the kilcoy thing when I found the map! Der!! Anyway, don't mind Somerset, just less of the skier problem at Leslie, and we can use the genny to keep the fridge going. It's only about 20 mins closer to Somerset from out place, and we burnt more fuel in the boat in Somerset than we have anywhere else, big distances there! Haven't got much free time(or money!) between know and Christmas, so we'll do some work on the house for a while, with maybe a day trip or two. Probably get a bit of the salty thing happening for a while. Happy fishin!

Fitzy
21-11-2001, 04:59 PM
Took a guest to Somerset again today. Yellas & bass still smashing lures on Reliable Ridge. Didn't need to go looking anywhere else but we went up the back for an hour or two looking for a saratoga. Didn't see any so back to the ridge for some more fun.
Would have got over 20, lost count.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Katrina
21-11-2001, 06:06 PM
;) Sounds like you had a good day! More exciting than mine - helping with maths at school, and washing!