PDA

View Full Version : Sydney harbour

Rumpig
29-12-2001, 05:03 PM
The spin is on! sort of LOL
I went out with a mate and spent 2 hours chasing flighty fish round middle harbour for the grand total of one 2kg bonito on a 15g laser.

There were heaps of huge salmon (70cm) salmon out there but they wouldn't hit anything.

Mick

curleyweirdo
02-01-2002, 07:28 PM
Nice work.
Well another report
Umm Saturday 28th i think, middle harbour and near navy base at balmoral in 10 ft tinnnie with 6hp motor.
Drifted from about 4 pm off navy base and from grotto point which produced noactivity.
Docked at balmoral wharf and while my mate was on food quest, caught 9 yellowtail for live bait.
Heade to spit bridge and livebaited at around sunset.
First two live baits werre attacked by squid and killed.
We caught these squid and they were about 20cm.
Hoping for a kingy or jewie put these squid on as live bait on 5/0 hook first one was bitten in half --no hook up due to bad positioning of hook, second was munched also and hook was missed by about 2 cm.
Live baited again .
Live bait went off at about 9:30-10 and we bagged a 60cm flatty, a bit dissapointing.
By this time the rest of livebaits were deadso we butterflyed them and caught another flatty 50 cm within 5 mins.
Nxt was about a 80cm eel, which was kept as a joke.
about 30 mins later missed a run on 9kg outfit and this brough fishing outing to an end as lift back home was getting tired waiting for us to come in.

In all a fufiling night, except due to near perfect conditons was a tad disapointing.
So yeah, going out again sometime this week so ill update you on that..might snag the big one.?>

Ben

curleyweirdo
02-01-2002, 07:31 PM
btw rumpig, where you live and how old ?
I live in mosman and fish a bit so might seeya round,

Rumpig
03-01-2002, 05:19 PM
I'm 17 and I live on the otherside of the harbour.

Yeah, I might see ya out there.

Mick

curleyweirdo
04-01-2002, 08:02 AM
ohkies...well another report from me...not happy but this one is gonna be short :(
Same deal as b4, fishing in tinny with live yellowtail of spoit bridge.,
This time didnt catch anything except 1 30cm long squid which i cut into two and used for bait.
This provided my closest fish when somehting took it on the 9kg overhead outit and took off,
A few turns of the reel later and a few tugs and it had bitten one of my 6/0 hooks off. i wasnt happy.
I guess itcould have been anytrhing but considering as bait waas as big as hand i am guessing it was big.
No other bites that night...went to bed at about 1.30