PDA

View Full Version : Hope Island/Broadwater

Luke
31-12-2001, 01:36 PM
Got a decent catch of summer whiting on worms and prawns and a nice eating lizard 46cm on a scorpion lure today about a km south of Sovereign Island off the shore on the runout tide.

Travis
01-01-2002, 11:33 AM
Sounds like you had a good day luke.l didnt see you out all we got was a cod and a estuary carp also on lures..very quiet all day from reports..

Travis

Luke
01-01-2002, 11:48 AM
Gday Trav,
got the whiting near the jetty at the boat ramp on Centenary Dr. and got the flatty under the Southern bridge at Hope.
Cheers Luke

Luke
07-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Centenary Dve got a few nice summer whiting not as many as last week and a very small sole. Pretty quite today.
Luke

jaybee
11-01-2002, 04:51 AM
Hey guys u fish the broadwater a fair bit? Is there anywhere else you can buy fresh worms besides Nev Howards. Once when I went there he was out and I was told they were they only place that sells live worms. Went to the sand pumping jetty on saturday nite..caught in excess of 50 whiting and flathead. 3 keepers amongst the lot of them.. :'( some of the flathead were smaller then the long shank no 4. My mate caught a 2spot crab so am thinking of throwing a dillie of it one nite.

Luke
11-01-2002, 05:27 AM
Hey Jaybee,
If you are coming from Brisbane way there is the Gem Bait and Tackle at Alberton and down the coast I get them live from a small tackle shop up near the shops near Sovereign Island-can't remember what it's called and they also sell live worms at the tackle shop at Beenleigh. I will get the names for you.
Cheers Luke

jaybee
11-01-2002, 07:11 AM
Thanks Luke much appreciated. Nev Howard is open to 6 over the hols but closes earlier other times. Being able to stop on the way down even at beenleigh would be great as I will be able to leave later then usual.

Luke
11-01-2002, 07:25 AM
I think the Gem shuts at 7 every night so you take the turnoff after the Beenleigh Rum distillery and turn left-then the Gem is about a2km down the road on your left -its on your way to Jacobs Well- not really that far out of the way.
Cheers Luke

jaybee
12-01-2002, 11:45 AM
Ta Muchly have made a note of it and will ring them next trip.