PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Barra

jaybee
06-02-2002, 06:06 AM
Well what can I say.. the trip was dissapointing except for meeting new people..hi to jason L..was on the river in a location according to locals and the tacke shop at 5.45 am. the barra were there (sighted) but not one strike and between around a half dozen people arriving and leaving and a huge variety of lures being flicked. Initially the trip was for jack and i didnt realise the barra season had started till saturday morning. There is the odd keeper being caught on livies at night tho apparantly. All going well I might be up that way again in a fortnight..with a new reel ;D . Also if you are ever up there check out Barra Jacks..the guys are really helpful with heaps of same advice.

http://www.tackleworld.com.au/Stores/Barra_Jacks.asp

cheers.

Jason_L
06-02-2002, 10:08 AM
Yup. was a good meet up. I think jaybee did more activity pulling the knots out of his line than having the lure in the water. Poor guy.. get that reel soon.

I perfer shopping at Bluefin Sports. they are on the other side of town near opposite the big boat shop.. but both places are good.

Next time hopefully we'll lay into some barra or jacks. I'm still to catch a barra so i'm desperate to do so

I was meant to meet jaybee at 6am in rocky.. i slept in till 6:45am. hehe. but no big deal. the fish just weren't biting that day.

until next time

Slates
06-02-2002, 10:31 AM
Fantastic name for a tackle shop!
hehe ;D

Cheers, Slates