PDA

View Full Version : the bay

shano
22-01-2002, 01:45 PM
saturday arvo went into morton bay to "my location" for an overnighter and it went off! caught heaps of sweetlip,red throuted emporer,and a snapper. there was lots of little squire around.there was so many big fish about that we never kept anything under 37cm with the biggest being a 51cm sweetie.didn't really start going off till sun up yesterday morning(sunday) perfect conditions.pick of the bait was squid,and prawns didn't get much of a look at the pillies!plenty of turtles around also!all in all had a ripper of a time and will be going back out this weekend if conditions are great again!!!!
cheers shano! ;D

Lucky_Phill
22-01-2002, 04:31 PM
Shano , please forward GPS for " My Location " in the bay ;D.

Sounds you had a little fun. Not bad for the bay.

shano
23-01-2002, 01:32 PM
ha ha ha ;D nice try i must say phill i spose you never know if you dont ask hey? but unfortunatly it is one of those much guarded secretes that one keeps when they stumble on a ripper of a possie that has taken so long to find! :-X :-X :-X sorry mate can't help ya out.it would be just like asking nugget for the gps plots for his fave spot in the bay,i think the same answer would be given. just keep on searchin the drop offs find the right ground formation ect,ect.... happy hunting.
cheers shano ;D

Lucky_Phill
23-01-2002, 02:23 PM
No worries Shano, just gaggin anyway. I know how hard it is to get a good feed in the bay these days. ;D

Tell me though, have you pulled any Red Emporer out of that spot. I got 2 juvenile reds last year in the bay. I know I guy that has grabbed a legal one or two over the years.

I'll still keep pumping Mud for those Snapper though. ;)

dazza
23-01-2002, 06:05 PM
What is the go with the little reds? We have a spot in the northern bay and at times have to move because of plague proportions of little reds 30-35cm. Are they born there or do they move in from further north. Where is mum and dad?
Do they come down, spawn and then dissapear?
Dazza

shano
24-01-2002, 02:50 PM
no phill havn't came accross any reds big or small yet in "my spot" love to though might have to do a bit more research into them like what time of the year they really come on the bite i think it is now.but like i said i have only found this position and fished it for half the day from when i found it.will go there next time and do an overnighter to see what it really has to offer!!! ; :P
cheers shano ;D

webby
25-01-2002, 04:28 PM
A couple of bay species , last weekend

Lucky_Phill
25-01-2002, 05:08 PM
Nice Parrot webby, but what about the head on the bloke holding them ;D ;D sorry ;)

Was that from around the Rous area ?? or the fav little spot at Peel ?

Again, not bad for the bay.

I have had info letting me know that 2 Red Emporer were caught this year at Mud, and were well and truely legal. :o

dnej
26-01-2002, 10:54 AM
Hey Shano,
Pretty distinctive boat you have.Our overhead scanners,have you on record (well thats our story) and we know where you go.There is no hiding from big brother .We dont need the GPS numbers, do we fellows.
Cheers David

shano
26-01-2002, 11:47 AM
ha ha haaaaaaa. well david looks like it is back on you because that boat is actually my uncles boat and he lives in the u.s. you can by all means track that one ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D but my location will always be a secrete. what ya reackon about that 1 fellers?anyway all jokes and games hope to go out this weekend maybe if this bloody wind will die down and hit those king tides.but the forcast dont look to good!choice parret webby done well!

cheers shano! ;D

dnej
26-01-2002, 01:32 PM
OH Thit,must have been looking at the wrong tape.What colour is your transport any way? Does it have a name?
Good fishing
David ???

webby
26-01-2002, 04:21 PM
Phill, #if you would stop wizzing past that area i told u some
time back , in rainbow ch u too culd be on a winner, u cculd
latch onto something that wuld tow that "ausfish.com.au""
out thru sth passage and beyond. #there's some nice
s/lip round out ther at the mom as u can see buy the one in
the photo, but that was caught on a downrigger. #heading
out sunday arvo/even for high a 9.00 , if wind drops.
photo taken with one of digital sure made the old noggin
look fuzzy, anyway who neeeds good looks when ur cathing
quality fish
regards

shano
29-01-2002, 06:51 AM
braved the bay on saturday-sunday for an overnighter!weather was RS but made up for it by the big snapper caught biggest went 52cm.heaps of moses perch about,not many sweeties probably were being smart and staying out of the conditions.this pic is not to good was done with a polaroid so dont show the true sizehttp://supacarzandhogz.5u.com/images/snapper.jpg

shano
02-02-2002, 01:15 PM
the other pic was playin up so here it is to stay! ;D

webby
06-02-2002, 03:05 PM
Did a trip to Rous Sunday am, pretty choppy out there.
but calm down abt lunch. caught 3 sweetie, reasonably size
but the other was the big suprise. 1 maori wrasse 505cm
1.52kg. first one ever seen in the bay, caught them off
morten , anyone every heard of wrasse in the bay, maybe
our luck is changing and a few more reef species are moving
in.