PDA

View Full Version : Jumpinpin Report

squire
01-03-2002, 06:03 AM
Well hello guys Im back. Fished the pin overnight Tuesday for a good catch the action was quite hot. Late afternoon saw some good whiting boated using worms and early evening saw some bigger than usual bream for this time of year. I think the bigger tides must of bought them inside from the surf, Bait was pilchards. Turn of the tide about 9pm and a few more refreshing Beers saw moses perch come on the chew and cant they fight. I was suprised to see the size let alone catch them.The average size was about 28cm and they were on the chew for about an Hour. If I had a camera I would have been able to post a picture of the biggest catfish I have ever seen I was targeting Jew and I thought I had it. 15 mins later The Catfish was beside the boat, would have a guess but about 3kg would be a good one Decided time for a couple of zzzz's. Early morning saw Mosses perch on the chew once again although the size was somewhat smaller.
Just a warning what out for floating logs in the logan river I hit one on the way back yesterday and had to change my Prop, it was floating about 50cm under the surface. Darn thing.
Heading to johns landing this weekend so I will talk to you guys/gals later regards squire. ;D