PDA

View Full Version : Mud isle report

Lucky_Phill
21-04-2002, 12:28 PM
Well , that &%#(& moon done it to me again. As you would have read, I nailed the bream last weekend. But this week is another story. The forecast in the arvo was @ 4pm, 11klms from the south, @ 4.01pm, my mate rang to say that he was at the Manly ramp and the wind was N/E at 15 knots. ::)

He didn't go, but I braved the weather. At fishermans island, it was a 10 knots N/NE and a ripple on the water.

Going across to Mud was a little slow in the baby tinnie. Once there, snuggled into our spot, out with the berley, expecting to pick up where I left off last week. The wind at this stage was from the N/NW and still running at 10 knots.

The tide was on the way out to a low at 7.30pm. The moon was still hanging in there. Got a couple in the deeper water ( 8ft ). Moved just before the bottom to a nice bombie further north. Zip there as well. Back to spot " X ", on the run up. Still nothing. A few Long toms and surface stuff about.

I believe a combination of the Moon, NW wind,and tide with the fact it was 7 days after the new moon, did the damage. It always takes a little while to work out a spot. Next trip will be on the bigger tides, with a high tide at night, say 8pm. Hope the water temp drops.

Rumours that a couple of early season snapper turned up at the Harry, with an odd one or two ( 3 - 5kg ) at the far northern end of Mud. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm44.gif

Luke
21-04-2002, 03:37 PM
Tried drifting Kalinga, tip of Short and western side of Crusoe from low right up until high tide and caught one fish. ??? Bugger all bites and mostly shy enquiries at that. Maybe the moon and it was very flat??? Don't know but there wasn't too many boats out there so ??? I know how you feel Phill.
Luke