PDA

View Full Version : Still Firing !

WHITTO
11-09-2001, 04:51 PM
;) At the risk of sounding like a broken down grammar phone record, ;) Had a trip up to Somerset today,still fishing well on the flats off Queen street, the water was like a sheet of glass no wind and drifting was a slight problem, but they are there and there still BIGGGGGG. ;D ;D ;D ;D Good Fishin 2 u all Whitto :D

Fitzy
12-09-2001, 09:13 PM
THanks for the report Whitto,
Will hopefully be up there this weekend.

craigie
13-09-2001, 12:53 PM
G'day Whitto,

Ah yes Somerset Dam, I could never spend enough time there (Yes Fitzy, I have ticked this Dam on my Permit) . My PB Aussie Bass of 53cm was caught there a couple of years back # ;D ;D.
What methods are producing all these top fish out from "Queen Street". Are you bouncing "Sliders" or are you trolling deep divers ?
I will be up at Somerset Dam the weekend after next and would love to tangle with another freight train native.
Any tips would be most welcome,

Cheers,

Craigie.

Steve_Kanowski
13-09-2001, 04:43 PM
Should be up there myself that weekend , if you see a 4.2 Seajay open tinny with someone waving a wand around , come and say g,day. Fished beside a bloke the other week there, and he caught heaps on sliders,mostly pale colours.

Brett_Finger
14-09-2001, 03:01 AM
GO THE SEA-JAY ;D
Hookin, Brett

WHITTO
14-09-2001, 03:02 PM
;D G'Day Craigie, #No worries mate White sliders or single tail Mr.Twister,s off the bottom,try and pickup the baitfish on your sounder generally in about 35' water and drift back over them at times you have to vary your retrieve,they are tricky,but make no mistake you will know when one is on. Averaging 50cm to the fork, A bloke near me achieved his PB #of 54cm to the fork a real honker. I was bricked twice would have loved to have seen those two fish, Its a lot of fun. Keep a look out for a Bass Tracker with Whitto on the front,come and say G'Day anytime. Thanks for that Steve and likewise I certainly will be up there a few times before the Klassic, cannot get enough of Bassin. Good Fishing 2U all Cheers #Whitto. :D :D

08-01-2004, 05:55 PM