PDA

View Full Version : Harry Atkinson - Glassed out!!!

vertico
01-04-2004, 11:32 AM
Well what can I say ? :) ;) :D ;D
It was glassed out from 10am to 2pm and still was awesome
conditions when we left. fishing was slow at first using whole squid we were getting picked off before we hit the bottom. After a while the tide started to roll in and the bigger fish took a liking to my squid. Caught a few legal squire around 36 -> 38 cm and a nice big bream of 36cm in length. The bream are definately starting to spawn as we caugh atleast 12 legal bream and as many throw backs. Having the seas glass out like they did made it all worth the while. I recently imported some Zoom power fluke JR soft plastics from the USA after reading articles on Ausfish about how well they work. Let me tell you, they work aweseomely. Caught a few nice squire and some bream and got bricked on 2kg gear a few times. The colour I was running was watermelon seed in 4" These lures are sure to be in direct competition with berkley dropshots.

cyah out there

vertico
01-04-2004, 11:33 AM
nice squire

vertico
01-04-2004, 11:34 AM
a viction of the Zoom!

vertico
01-04-2004, 11:34 AM
another victim

DaneCross
01-04-2004, 11:42 AM
AWW, Look at that water :o :o What a cracker of a day! I'm jelous vertico. And a few nice fish too top it off - even more jelous ;) ;D
Good work [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cHiCo
01-04-2004, 11:46 AM
that water is awesome. good fish aswell.

vertico
01-04-2004, 11:54 AM
all fish were released for another day :)
yes it was bloody good weather

Big_Al_2
01-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Like everyone else who has to work during the week I'm extremely jealous. I have yet to fish the bay on any weekend with the water looking anywhere as calm as that.

Even before looking at your photos I was thinking about what a good day it was for fishing. Around lunchtime I could see legal sized bream chasing baitfish in a foot of water through the drain that runs adjacent to our building.

Good luck to you

Big Al 2

Wesley_Pang
01-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Vertico,

Did you see any surface action??

Any Longtails?

Looks like a great day though.

Wes

craigie
01-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Top Stuff Vertico 8)

Great weather and even better pics :D :D :D

Being out on the bay in a 'Glass out' is always something special ;)

Were you anchored at 'Harry's', casting the plastics in different directions around the boat, or did you drift through the area ?

Which o/s tackle shop did you get the Zoom Flukes & jig heads through. From what I've been reading from this site and Fishing Mags, those plastice are braining the Squire in Moreton Bay.

Cheers
Craig.

skippa
01-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Geez Veritco,

It's normally Rob that posts pic's of perfect weather mid week. Now your at it too, don't ya know most blokes work during the week :'(

Awsome conditions there, I knew it would be good too, been looking out the window all day trying to scheme up a way to go fishing. Good luck to ya, ;)

Cheers,
Tony 8)

aido
01-04-2004, 03:59 PM
i'm jealous,
at the airport all day, thought the conditions
would be perfect. wonder what the bar and outside
conditions were?
with the light winds doing a 180 around lunchtime,
my guess is it was perfect out there too. damn.
glad someone made the most of it.
what are you doing with those soft plastic thingy's,
drop 'em over and just jig up and down? seems like
they work o/k.

snappa
01-04-2004, 05:51 PM
"all fish were released for another day"

???

vertico
02-04-2004, 10:51 AM
craigie:
was anchored at harry atkinson in 15m of water and drifting plastics back in current.
got those Zoom lures from www.basspro.com
And yes the plastics are braining the squire

vertico
02-04-2004, 10:52 AM
snappa:

didnt feel like cleaning fish
so i released all legal fish

vertico
02-04-2004, 10:59 AM
wes,
there was tonnes of thick baitfish around harry's
and one big fish prolly solo or 2 / 3 or them
smashing the bait didnt recognise it but it looked like it had a green back ?
and was around 1 m long
tried getting him on the slugs to no avail after a d%ck head drove straight through the bait!!!

michael_Brewer
02-04-2004, 11:55 AM
hey mate,
what a gorgeous day! wish there was more like it! i took the 3.7 edgetracker out, we went to mud but a bit disappointed i didn't pack enough fuel for the continental shelf :-/! glassy all day! left manly about 8.30 with Dylan_Rylatt, did a drift on the eastern side, 5 or 6 follow ups of small bronze whalers, hooked to but both spat the hooks at the boat! WHAT DID WE DO WRONG! plenty of schools of very small baitfish and prawns but no monsters to break em up! fished a couple of bommies, lots of small stuff but nothin huge! i think thats the end of the big sweetlip :( went up the creek again by mylself this time that afternoon and scored about a kilo or so of prawns! other than that, three wobbegongs in the 2 crab pots and a bloody fine day!
cheers mick
hope to meet some of yas out on saturday! nice pics vertico!!!