PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Fraser Is .RESULTS

rusco
04-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Some of us were unable to get to the Comp this year..Is there anywhere that the results are posted(provisional will do)

Lazybugger
04-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Hiya,

First post here, not sure if i should put all this here or in the reports section.

I don't have the results but I can tell you I didn't win anything. #:(

Had 8 in our camp and we mainly fished the beaches.

The beach between Waddy and Nagala was a total weedfest and not an option.

We didn't fish too hard this year, generally not getting up till 6am and not putting any nite fishing. Usually we spend a few days fishing from Waddy itself but it wasn't that productive this time #round when we fished it. The Cathedrals seemed the place to be for us and we caught a reasonable catch of dart for the week, enough for a feed for all. The girl that was there fishing most days in a nice little black bikini bottom was just an added bonus.

On Wednesday there were literally hundreds of schools of frogmouth pillies in the shadows from a few km south of Indian to at least the Woralie Creek turnoff (2km north of Maheno.. as far as we went). We were lucky enough to have a drag net with us and picked up a good supply of fresh froggies and even got some in the live tank we had for the catch and release section. Didn't seem to be much chasing the schools so we kept to our plan for that day and headed to Woralie.

Once at Woralie we had our first flathead off the first cast. #It was a bit too small but we had action from then till we had to leave. While a lot of the Flathead were too small we kept there were enough to keep everyone happy. I caught the biggest flathead of the day, 75cm. Would have to be the biggest I have caught to date but its a funny feeling to throw the big one back, knowing that someone who has caught a 5.04 cm one smaller than you is going to walk off with the $2000. We also caught a couple of barely legal bream and had a shovelnose about 2&1/2 foot in the shallows before the line broke.

Throughout the week our main fish was dart with a few whiting thrown in. We didn't come accross too much in tarwhine or bream, caught one luderick off waddy and a small snub nose dart (<1kg) in the surf.

The guy in the camp next to us really put in the hard yards and did a lot of fishing down the south end below Yidney. He reckons he would have caught 50 tarwhine for the week. This includes a 600 or 700 gram fish he threw back because the fish for the rest of the week had been nudging the kilo mark, but if he'd kept it that day he would have walked off with the daily prize.

The fish of the week would have been the 29.3kg Wahoo, you may have seen it with Sami on the Today show on Friday morning.

The only sour note to the whole trip was the fact we'd listened to the rangers and bought our beer in cans to be environmentally friendly. The sponsors product just doesn't taste as good this way compared to stubbies. We won't make the same mistake next year. Luckily coke from cans mixes very nicely with Bundaberg Rum and we had plenty of that #;D

As usual a great week and we'll be back next year.

Cheers

cHiCo
04-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Great report there mate and yes i did see the wahoo on Today, aswell as the beer gut maps!

jaybee
06-06-2004, 01:15 AM
The girl that was there fishing most days in a nice little black bikini bottom was just an added bonus.
where is the photo ;D
cheers
Joe

rusco
07-06-2004, 02:42 AM
Wanted.....RESULTS (PROVISIONAL) from toyota fraser island competition if possible...A website would be a benefit...NOT everybodys stories...thanks

blaze
07-06-2004, 04:24 AM
well rusco, why dont you do the web site
I think the story by lazybugger was a top read
cheers
blaze