PDA

View Full Version : noosa outside 30/7/05

mal-laurie
01-08-2005, 12:08 PM
went out in a mates boat so he could get a feel for crossing the noosa bar
well we had to wait ages for the sets (thats so we could take on a wave)
dead calm is the only way to describe the conditions.

what a day TGO all day. first fish at sunshine, peal perch second fish snapper you beauty.tusckies a few of those large grey morwong things (and no i wont put up a post asking what they were)
the world is also a better place now, with us putting a huge dent in the grinner population about 40 are now in that happy place.
i recon we invented all sorts of new ways to dispatch the stinking slimy things.

had a dolphin eating out of our hands at the back of the boat for about an hour. what an experience (he didnt like the grinners either)

then we headed out past 50m and a whale and her calf came within 10m of the boat, the terbulance was amaising. waited for them to move on before heading back.
great day had by all. wish it was like this more often, but i supose you would start to take it for granted.

sorry chemmy no pics (forgot to pack the camera)

cheers mal

chemmy
01-08-2005, 01:51 PM
any size in the peary and snapper?
good job with decresing the grinner population

mal-laurie
02-08-2005, 04:52 AM
na only about 45 each

some guys at the ramp gave me a look in thier esky and they had a full eky of HUGE pearlies and the biggest cod ive seen taken around here.
these guys never even had a sounder or gps.
they just headed straight out from noosa and srarted to drift.
think i might get rid of all the electronics and see if i can do better.

cheers mal

Streaker
02-08-2005, 08:40 AM
Mal
Agood place to fish Noosa. I go there every year at Xmas.
North reef :P ;D.
Wayne

finding_time
02-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Is this the dolphin every time we fish north reef this guy seems to turn up for a free feed and he likes a scratch and pat as well

devocean
02-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Awesome people are catching on to the mother in law thing, as for the dolphins I reckon a bag limit of one a year would be okay, I dont really why everyone loves them so match, glorified sharks those things

philip_thomson
03-08-2005, 08:12 AM
THANKS mal.

keep up the grinner killing and hopefully i can have a grinner free trip at september. good to hear you caught a few decent fish in amoungst the grinners.

cheers phil

mal-laurie
03-08-2005, 10:29 AM
finding time
thats the one

devocean

dolphin wouldnt take any thing with a hook in it

phil

i recon that when i cut them in half(grinners that is) they turn into two new fish, so there will be twice as many when you come up ha ha ha ha

cheers mal