PDA

View Full Version : Wello Mixed Bag 22 Oct

aquarius
22-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Hi Folks, Went out in my mates boat today to fish the Wello reef.
Plastics were in the water by 5-45am and the fish started to come on board.
Heaps of just under size throwbacks but we managed a good feed of squire, sweetlip and cod.
Jim had a tussle with a nice 55cm snappery squire.
This thing really took some line but Jim had control and after a few minutes he was going into the esky to join some mates...lol
Fish variety today included, bream, moses perch, cod, squire, tailor, grass sweetlip, sand flathead and yes those pesky Grinners.
Best plastic was again the 4" zoom baby bass on a 1/8th nitro jighead.
High tide the bites came to a stop so it was time to head for home.
Not a bad days fishing and best of all we came home with a feed as a bonus
Cheers Brent :)

aquarius
22-10-2005, 05:59 PM
pic 2

jackash
22-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Thats awesome fishing.. cant wait to get out and give WELlo a try myself. WEll done and enjoy the feed.
Cheers
Jackash

redspeckle
22-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Nice mix feed of fish [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] their Aquarius
I been reading reports for a while now always seem to come up catching feed of fish on plastics on wello reefs you got the know how to do it, well done
I hope catch same fish species like in your report tomorrow over that south passage I be [smiley=grin.gif] with that

Mitch

Scalem
22-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi Brent,

You had a good mixed bag there too dude, well done. You are consistantly showing us how it's done, congrats!!

Scalem

Mick81
24-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Very NICE :) Another productive catch at Wello, nice sweatie and cod 8-) I see that they seem to go off bite after high tide. How much of the incoming did you fish?

Louis
24-10-2005, 03:33 PM
That's a good catch Brent.

Well done.

Louis

Fish_Lightning
24-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Well done Brent, good catch there and again you always seam to succeed at Wello. I often fish on the rubble at Wello with a mate and don't have the same success. Which side of the leads do you fish?

Greg

aquarius
24-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Hi Michael.......Mate we fished from low right up till 1 hour after the high.
Most productive time for Wello is the incoming tide thats for sure.
Bait fisho's do well at night and just before sun rise but after that the fish shy away from baits with the exception of grass sweetlip.
They prefer calm water over rough structure on the Wello shallows.
The plastics work all through the day because you are immitating a bait fish profile and drifting makes everthing look natural to a fish.

Greg we fish both sides of the leads.......If one side is slow we head to the other........The leads can produce fish at times but only when there's no boat traffic.
Work your plastic along the dropoff which is the 5 metre line contour.
This area produces mainly squire but if you go into the shallows you never know whats lurking, cod -moses perch-bream-grassies etc.
Cheers Brent :)

Touchy - R.I.P.
25-10-2005, 06:41 AM
G'Day Brent/Sam, I just sent you a pm before I read this Wello report, nice feed there & it sounds like a good time was had by all,Did you get a chance to try any of the new Swiks? 8-) ;),I have my new Matrix fitted & a full motor service done so all is in readiness for my first boat trip after the new hip & all is well,. Cheers Touchy.><>.

Steven78
25-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Brent i went there on Saturday Late afternoon. I was fishing only in about 2 meters of water just north of the markers. The fish go hard like you said...

Flounder
25-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Sounds like you had a really great day!
Where abouts

8-)Flounder8-)