PDA

View Full Version : GC Landbased on w/end

land-lubber
31-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey guys,
headed down the goldie for the weekend to have a brake before exams start. Met up with Fishingnottaken for a fish on sunday night. after some deliberation, and some scouting around at a few likely locations, we settled for a fish at ******* which we hoped was holding some fish on the runnout tide. we arrived at 8ish and proceeded to try and jig some livies. eventually we snagged 2 herring, so out they went on set lines. while we were waiting for some action, i decided to flick some sps around the flats. started flicking around a patch of weed and immediately got hit and pulled a couple of 30 cm flatties, was getting hit every cast, which kept me entertained for a while. i was working my plastic over the bank when this horse of a flattie comes out of the shadows and takes off with the plastic. after the headshaking and short runs, the flattie came to the surface, but thats where the fun started. being in an elevated position, using 3.5 kilo braid on my light stick, i had no way of lfting her. so begun the 60m walk to an accesible point. now i began to s!@# myself, cause i was only using 8lb yo zuri flurocarbon leader, and i couldnt see the plastic. anyway, we managed to land him (after FNT waded up to his waist and shoved his hand down its throat. (he said there was no way he was letting it get away hahaha, even if it ment cut fingers!!! ;D thanks mate) it went just under legal length but was FAT !!! am going to way and fillet him now, but i recon hed be close to 3kg.
the total tally for the night was around 15-20 30cm flatties and 2 keepers. all in all, it was a great night out with great company.
Rig was 2 1/2 atomic paddletails in green gord were the pick of the plastics on 1/6 tt jigheads on 3.5kg fireline and 8lb yo-zuri flurocarbon leader fished on 2-4kg shakespeare catera and diawa laguna 2000.
cheers
BTW i think FNT has some pics that he will post later

fishingnottake
31-10-2005, 06:16 PM
yeah thanks mate i'll have the photo';s up as soon as i can find the cord to connect my phone to the pc, it was a great nights fishing, you forgot to include the octopus' in the nighs haul though, they were ridiculous never seen them grab an sp before and get 3-4 in the one night, they loved the gulps, i learnt a heap about sp's to thats t the bonus of fishing with someone knew i could see where i've been going wrong. and that flatty was an abolouste monster, i'm seen smaller shoulders on a front rower, i still don't know how you mangaed to steer it past all the pylons, but after that effort there was no way i was letting it get away, first thing this morning i grabbed one of out old pool cleaning poles and wired a net to it.
ash

Scott15
31-10-2005, 06:39 PM
sounds like fun guys,

slacky
31-10-2005, 07:08 PM
awsome night .gotta try those sps

land-lubber
31-10-2005, 07:22 PM
yeah slacky, give em a go, you may be surprised. go with plastics that have paddletails for night fishing, as they vibrate and attract the fish to the lure when the lights not so good. i highly recommend the plastic i was using (if u can find a supplier) for this sort of work. stick with natural colours like green gord/pumpkinseed/moteroil colours.
BTW, i prefer atomics to berkleys as they have a better action and ive had more sucess with them. horses for courses though :)

yellahunter
31-10-2005, 08:10 PM
any rough hints on where u were fishing on the goldy??

fishingnottake
31-10-2005, 09:14 PM
sent ya pm mate

aussiefool
01-11-2005, 05:52 AM
spose I should the b/water a go one morning on the way home from work seeing I work at s/port .... then again to set in my ways spose
well do to both of you

fishingnottake
01-11-2005, 09:27 AM
hey aussie we were down my end of the coast so just up the road from you ;) had any luck with the jacks yet? i havent been down there since friday.

flickflack
01-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Sounds like a good nights work guys

jackash
01-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Great fish! HAha dont you love that... had a simlar experience off the wharf at mooloolaba at night with a 65 cm flatty.... they are jsut bloody impossible to get a hold of.
Cheers
JAckash

fishingnottake
01-11-2005, 06:02 PM
hmm try this one

fishingnottake
01-11-2005, 06:03 PM
third times the charm

fishingnottake
01-11-2005, 06:05 PM

fishingnottake
01-11-2005, 06:08 PM
sorry about the quality, only had my phone to take the pictures, i picked the perfect night to leave the digi at home >:(

land-lubber
01-11-2005, 06:14 PM
oh well, lets just say it was a big fish hey ;D ;D
i shoulda taken a piccie with the slr before i cut him up, dont you love hindsight ;)

rajawolf
01-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Good catch guys.... :)

aussiefool
02-11-2005, 12:17 AM
Hi Ash, No had no luck at all so for though I' just keep on trying depending on yhe tides might have a crack again over the next few nights with lives along the wall near the F+C shop

fishingnottake
02-11-2005, 08:10 AM
any better