PDA

View Full Version : The Ol Tomer - Timber classic

bigmack
08-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Hi Guys - thought you might like to see our Ol Timer. I have spoken about it in different threads but they are way down the list now so decided to post a new thread.

Built 1969 in the garage in Sydney
Motor Purchased 1970, still original and going strong with original dockets & manual First real fishing holiday to Yamba - cleaned up the Bream at a place called Browns Rocks This boat has fished in Pittwater, Hawksbury River, Lake Burrill, Lake Illawarra, Clyde River and now lives on the Sunshine Coast, we use it to zoom around the Maroochy, over to Nth Shore and last weekend my daughter caught her first bream. My wife couldnt understand what all the fuss was about and why I took so long re-painting & re-varnishing and now everywhere we go people just say "cant believe how good it looks" . The wife said to me I get it - its not just a tinny is it!

Looking forward to chasing the sandies and the prawns this summer and anything else we target in the rivers.

Cheers BM

jackash
08-11-2005, 11:33 AM
What is going on... i click on Nth Staddie 7/11 in Fishing reports and this comes up.... weird

NeMo84
08-11-2005, 11:36 AM
yeh whats goin on?

GBC
08-11-2005, 11:36 AM
bet she runs better than a normal tinny. Looks great, can only imagine the love that's gone into her - congrats.

southernson
08-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Nice job on her mate, looks a treat. Wat size is the motor?
Good on ya mate, good to see the old boats are still floating around.
Cheers

bigmack
08-11-2005, 11:47 AM
sorry - heading was meant to be Ol Timer - poor spelling.

Goes well and I have just put one of the lazillas foils on to modernise performance wise. She planes no problems with three up and a bit of gear onboard.

cheers

bigmack
08-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Its a 10hp Merc, which had been sitting for a little while. carb needed cleaning because old oil & petrol mix had congealed and cystallised blocking everything up. leg off, re oiled gearbox and new impellor. No problems.

BM