PDA

View Full Version : off shore noosa

cod_buster
10-11-2005, 08:31 PM
on the weekend we went to tewantin fising, we were about 3km out of sunshine beach my cousin caught a snapper my uncle caught a red emperor, when i was winding up my line is when i got a hit as i was winding up we thought we caught a dolphin fish beause it looked yellow and green but when it surfaced we realized it was a little 2mtr marlin it jumped 3or 4 times it gotten tangled in the achor,then it jumped 2 or 3 more times, my dad started to pull the line in like a set line, dad pulled it in about 2-3 metres before he pulled the hook out. not bad for a country boy.

my dad had a slimmy mackerl about 1 foot long he got a big hit by a big cobia and a that was left of the mackerl was it's head, then we caught a parrot fish and i caught a little leather jacket and some strippy and there was a lot of dolphins and then we moved to another spot we lost afair bit of bait but we could not get many hook ups. :) ;) :D ;D 8-) ::) :'(

cod_buster
10-11-2005, 08:37 PM
this is all we ended up with cod_buster and cameron

dfox
10-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Good on ya fellas, looks like you had a great day with heaps of things happening, good to see you got some fish and had so much fun...foxy

rocket
10-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Great to see the young ones get amongst the fish!!! Got your ausfish logo and the polycraft add happening too I see.

Hey "codbuster" I don't know how old you are, but it's great to see a young fellow post his story on this forum. Tell dad to get his act into gear and keep his hands off your mono, imagine the photos if you'd just pulled the marlin in yourself just like any other cod you might have busted!?

Anyway there's plenty more where that one come from, good stuff!! :)

nofrills
11-11-2005, 08:42 AM
good work fellas

i liked the story about the marlin :o

cheers scott

Lacey
11-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi Guys
Good to see other people making an effort to feed the fish of Noosa. Thats all Ive been doing lately. Hope to get a feed on Tues morning if the weather permits. Was there much bait around and did you see any more Cobia. Will put a post if we do OK.
Bluedog

philip_thomson
11-11-2005, 04:49 PM
good stuff cod buster and gang. sunshine can be a bit touch and go at times. but atleast you managed to come back with a feed. there is plenty of good ground at sunshine and some good fish as well.

hooking a marlin!!!! you must be happy with that.

howd you find the bar? is it still a piece of cake?

Cheers Phil

speckly
12-11-2005, 10:10 AM
hey cod_buster and company well done you must of had a great weekend
I hope you can hook another marlin next time you are there and I might be there with you

cheers
speckly ;D

cod_buster
12-11-2005, 03:02 PM
thanks guys can't wait to go back 5 1/2 hours from home so dont get to coast often

rocket ;11yrs & 15yrs old

blue dog :small schools of bait downdeep no bait that we seen on surface
there was a few cobia about

phil:very happy even with just hooking a marlin for 2nd time in salt water
noosa bar is abit rough

speckly:that would be great if u could go fishing with us next time

cheers
cod_buster