PDA

View Full Version : Outside to Goldie today.

Cloud_9
13-11-2005, 09:04 PM
gaday all .
had a Club trip today.
Sunday is never a good day for me. too many boats around and no time to rest after the days fishing.
anyway.
headed down the coast arriving at the ramp around 6:30- 7:00am.
had the family on board so the lack of wind first up was great. snuk outside.
water was a little bumpy but ok. the crew said they where ok. so we looked for the birds hopping for a tuna or something else.
found a couple guys fishing the scottish prince. lots on the sounder, looked like tailor.( on the sounder.)
so had a flick around with the plastics and the wife used bait. her bait was untouched and my rubber was mollested. comming back with no tail.
we tried for a bit longer befor moveing on. found another show on the sounder. had another go. the bait worked here and karen caught the first fish for the day a bream.
my turn floated a pillie out without a sinker and got nailed. thought great then hope its not a spot.
no wire just mono to a gang.
after a few good runs i stayed hooked up so i enjoyed the fight. as it turned out to be a just legal yellatail kingie. first 1 in quiet a while. photoed and back to fight another day.
my daughter Candice was next, same rig , pillie no lead. thought here we go another kingie. but a nice 40cm tailor . that was lunch. by now im thinking this could be a top day.
but not to be the deckies where both getting green. candy burleyed up a storm. almost followed by karen so i had to pull the pin at 9am. we each caught a fish, the tailor was nice on the BBQ and it has wet my appertight for next weekend.
the bait seems to be improveing so the summer species should be close behind them.
Cheers Cloud 9

Cloud_9
13-11-2005, 09:11 PM
and candies tailor
Cloud 9

Burley_Boy
14-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Nice one Jamie, great to see you take the family offshore and score a Kingie to boot, I'll see you out there soon mate.
cheers BB