PDA

View Full Version : noosa river

robersl
14-11-2005, 03:08 PM
hi all just back from the noosa river house boat trip loads of whiting and flathead being caught just as you leave the first lake heading upstream fifty yards past the last red beacon the mud crab was just a jenny-a-thon had 6 bucks in 1 pot not one was legal :'( :'( flatty on soft plastics and worms and a few catfish on dark a few people using live bait after the jacks in the same area not much caught there but was told they were getting them upstream past johns landing . oh and yes went to step onto my boat off the houseboat and went a over t but thats ok doc say's 3 more days off work

shane

morty103
14-11-2005, 08:51 PM
mate,
where about is johns landing? what actually is it?
I have attached a map if you could mark it out
Cheers
Morty

mjc85
14-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Hey morty, i have marked where john's landing is approximately on the map.

It is a camping ground.

dorado
14-11-2005, 11:51 PM
I'll be camped out at John's Landing from this Thursday til Sunday. If you see my White & Maroon Savage Osprey with Ausfish decals in the vicinity come say hi :)

morty103
15-11-2005, 10:47 AM
I've never been past the first lake. Are there any channel markers up past the first lake?
Cheers
Morty

robersl
15-11-2005, 10:48 AM
hi morty
yes where the p in park is on your map is johns landing about 1-2 klm up stream from the first lake a few river trawlers parked there as well i just can not get over the lack of mangroves in the area

shane

robersl
15-11-2005, 10:51 AM
channel markers as you enter the second lake going on the maps we had but the creek between the 2 lakes ranges from 1.5 to 10 m deep some deep holes before the first bend after leaving the first lake

Seamus
15-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Shane,

I've been back a week from 6 nights on a houseboat up there as well. We didn't head upstream , but anchored opposite T boat hire. Nice little series of channels and sandbanks there, with a good yabby bank there as well. Over the week ended up with a couple of flatties and 11 whiting. No real size to them, but I guess that's to be expected with the attention the whole area gets. Might push up towards the lakes next time for a look see.

Seamus

PS Dam this whole work thing! :'(

robersl
15-11-2005, 09:05 PM
lol hi seamus

plenty of fish upstream had a good trip found it hard to sleep on the houseboat a few dope's not knowing the rules about passing vessels at anchor. what houseboat mob did you go with and how were the boats

shane

JayT
16-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Hey Shane, have fished a bit at noosa especially for jacks, in between the two lakes holds some XOS jacks, have caught them on dead, live, hard but are yet to catch on soft, last year while fishin with my brother in this area he got smashed up bad floating a live poddy under a cork into one of the numerous snags, have never seen a jack get airbourne, and if we weren't so close and the fish, being red in colour, would have called it for a barra, I am sure that Noosa would rival the Tweed for XOS jacks, its not quite gods country, but its not far from it! Sounds a bit like a friendly comp, wat do you think Reefmaster, when you run out of fish species, how bout a fishin state of origin?
cheers Jason ;D ;D ;D ;)

Seamus
16-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Shane,

Sent you a PM

Seamus ;)