PDA

View Full Version : Bay is Sweet

Bay+Beyond
20-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Headed out Sat morning, along with the rest of Brisbane. Arrived at spot x at about 6am (late start). Started off with a couple of macs, then quiet till about 9am. Then on a small pille that hit the bottom i caught the small sweetlip. Was a bit of a surprise, so i put on a nice little squid. No sooner the bait hit the bottom, i was onto something big. Off it went, thought this isn't a mackeral. Then i could feel a few bumps and shakes of the head. By this time i was thinking snapper. When it got to the top i couldn't belive it. A nice 5Lb Sweetlip was put in the esky. Rebaited with another small squid and once again, Bang. I was on again. hoping this time a snapper, but once again another sweetlip, 4.5Lb this time. Then everything went quiet. Feeling pretty happy with the catch, decided that was a great morning and headed home about noon.

Still haven't caught my snapper that i'm after, but gotta be happy with the catch.

Cheers
Thommo

ShaneJ
20-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Damm nice catch mate. Next time you go out you'll have to let me know so I can steal your spot-x :D

lukesnapper
20-11-2005, 06:49 PM
nice catch thommo, what a mornin it was saturday that would of put th icing on the cake! :)

Bay+Beyond
20-11-2005, 06:56 PM
ShaneJ - Been working the spot x for about a year now and this is the first decent catch from there, apart from a few cod earlier in the year. Just starting to get some runs on the board. It will stay secret for some time.

lukesnapper - It was a senational morning, couldn't have asked for better weather. It's just great being out in the bay. Any fish is icing on the cake. Hope theres more to come, cause i aint on any diets.

Thommo

Spaniard_King
20-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Some good chewin there thomo.. well done

Hopefully a few more weather days like sat headin our way soon :-/

Garry

vertico
20-11-2005, 07:34 PM
great catch for the bay