PDA

View Full Version : Late post\redcliffe,scarborough sunday morning

caught-ya
21-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Went out the front of redcliffe\scarborough,and achored up against some reef. We fished for a little while and hung out some dead herring that we got in the pine river on saturday night.We got a few nibbles of the herring.Then we saw some garfish jumping out of the water getin chased about 20 meters away. We moved over to the school and started to throw some mackeral slugs around and some softies. After about 4-5 casts on the mack slugs,I hooked upto somthin big. It ran along the reef tring to brick me and my backing started to come out.then he spagged the hook.my dad (rainbowrunner)and i went oooohhhhhhhhhhhh dam. We hung out a dead mullet and caught a wobbegong. There was a whole school of garfish behind the boat and we found out that it was hard to catch em with hooks so we thru the cast net and got a few. We hung 2 floties and got smashed by a taylor. I hung out a dead garfish and caught a stingray,so we thought a move was in ordr, we saw a few birds chasing some longtails or mack tuna and went and had a look. We didnt see much so we went back to out the front redcliffe and drifted with some gars. We caught a cuttle fish and got hit by taylor and then saw a school of hardy heads, thru a lure at it and got nothin so we decided to go home.

cheers, caught-ya (son of rainbowrunner)

Pwoida
22-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Shame about that big one on the slug but it sounds like you had a bit of fun anyway. You'll get him next time.
Cheers,
Peter.

SgBFish
22-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Hello son of rainbowrunner.
Sounds like you had a great day and that's all that matters. Those reefs are very shallow so tend to go at night or early mroning and we have had some success.
Those herring are great bait if you can keep them alive. Where up the Pine did you get them?

Good luck

cuzzamundi
22-11-2005, 01:46 PM
great session mate - bad luck with the big boy.

SgBfish,

we normally get herros near the bruce highway bridge, close to shore. or up near the petrie bridge as well.

cheers,

cuzza

caught-ya
22-11-2005, 06:46 PM
to answer the question of SgBfish, yeah like the othr guy said around bridges up in da shallows. :)

cheers, caught-ya!