PDA

View Full Version : jigging for jack no bite but end up with trevor

slyham775
25-11-2005, 11:44 PM
jigging for jack no bite but nothing end up with the trevor at the nerang river been trying to chase some jack 25-11 at high tide run out at night time but no lucky,s but we have seen some bait fish jumping around we thought there was some fich trying to chase they littie one... so we try to do some plastic fishing on them but no lucky so we thought about giving a lure a go so we did and the first bite was so big and it ran and ran as my reel was sceaming and then in the end got snaged i said oh bugger i lose something big.... plus my damn lure too oh no so i went back to my tackle box to get another on on the line ready to arm and i went and caught 7 small trevor .... so i thoght it must have been a big trevor about 6kgplus .. who stole my lure .... but i had some fun fight them on light gear,s and then in the end the rain come so we end up saying let,s go home....

Fishin_Dan
26-11-2005, 12:28 AM
You did better than I did.... And I stayed during around 2 hours of rain!!!

I wasn't in the Nerang though...

Congrats on the fish! They put up a great fight for such small fish don't they!

gogecko
26-11-2005, 05:29 AM
Ummm, reel screaming, busted off in snags, sounds like you had a jack mate......

I was also on the nerang 23.11 chasing jacks and trevors. Also got rained on. Are you in a boat or land based? Im going back soon for another go. Maybe tonite if rain holds off. Put in at Isle of Capri ramp.

slyham775
26-11-2005, 11:15 AM
yea i was in the boat chasing them so i hope the rain will hold them off to nite so we can have a another go so i think it would be a good chance to nite after the rain .... ;) Mmmmm well we still can't tell cos i was with the school of trevor there that is why i feel the power of it .... i have caught 13kg golden trevor so i know the feel,s :D so let me know if you going ya

gogecko
26-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Havent caught 13kg yet, but the trevors Ive caught all feel distinctive by the 'tremors' on the line, when hooked they turn side on, and create resistance after a hookup. Jacks just run.

see http://www.thefisherman.com.au/index.html
Jacks and trevors are found in the same spot. The spot was just near where we both were.

slyham775
26-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Well why not you have a go chasing those big trevor,s so head up to hervey bay... on your xmas holiday i will be head up there too .... it,s great fun fighting them.... there are over 6kg plus trevor up there.... ;)