PDA

View Full Version : Peel Island Quicky

Fishinmishin
26-11-2005, 10:00 AM
The plans to chase some LTs today were cancelled last night (sorry Rando) as I had to pick up a midday shift today. Still awake at 3:30am so stuff it....packed the rig and off I snuk for a south bay quicky. On the water at still dark so parked at Peel to wait for sunrise. Had a couple good runs on the bream gear but into the rocks every time so out came the TLD ::). Minutes later a decent estuary cod was boated, pics taken and released. The next bait was taken by a squire which was also released after a pic to help even out the numbers of boats compared to fish around peel. Anyhow....today was gonna be a quick LT hunt so the sun is up and the anchor follows. Start heading up rainbow channel and find a school at Myora beacon. One hit but no hookup. As I begin to follow them up the channel the motor coughs and stalls. Damn...forgot to get more petrol....so I empty the reserve tank and head to raby bay for refueling. Once there I decide to just call it a day as I really shoulda been sleeping anyhow. Must sleep now. Goodnight.
Cheers, Jay

Fishinmishin
26-11-2005, 10:02 AM
Sorry about the pic and the holding of the fish.....solo mission :(

Fishinmishin
26-11-2005, 10:04 AM
i remembered timer shots ::)

Fishinmishin
26-11-2005, 10:07 AM
A pure facts report for some members ::)
Departed- Cleveland Point
Time- 4:15am
Fished- Peel Island
Caught- Estuary cod & a couple Squire
Report- Done
By- Jay

Fishin_Dan
26-11-2005, 10:30 AM
That's not really a Centre Console is it Jay? Thats just an overpriced, oversized camera tripod!!! ;D

Not a bad effort for a solo trip! You seem like your pretty comfortable in the new boat now...

robersl
26-11-2005, 12:38 PM
nice pick up went to mud this morning myself the tune ect were boiling the water all over the place there

vertico
26-11-2005, 01:00 PM
well done jay pitty about the LTs

outsiderskip
26-11-2005, 04:37 PM
nice fish jay

cheers pete

SeaJay
26-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Gidday Jay, passed you going out at the gentlemanly hour of 7:00 this morning on the north-side of peel. Must have been when you were heading in for fuel. Thought you weren't looking real impressed ;)

I didn't score any better on the Rainbow Channel LTs, with one breaking/biting me off and one throwing the hooks on his first run. There were a stack about during the day, with alot of baby mack tuna thrown in around them. A few schoolies along the edge of the channel half-way to Amity as well apparently. I dropped a hoo-ah of one at the boat between the northern channel of the bar and the coffee rock outside the southern end of Moreton. T'was the story of my day!

Cheers
David

Billo
26-11-2005, 06:29 PM
pity about the LT's mate ...they are just not playing ball are they !? :'(
and when they do , something like that has to happen :-[

I went out for a late morning run out to find some black fellas .......got onto one first drift that did me in ...bastard was towing the boat up wind before rapping me on some structure ;)...damn!!!!

repeated 3 times

Darryl
26-11-2005, 06:47 PM
Should have taken the mackmauler with you jay, at least you would have scored some coral trout ;D ;D ::)

skippa
26-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Nah, he was nowhere near the houseboat Darryl # ;) #;D

Nice going anyway Jay, good little Peel Is squire there.

Jase, its amazing the difference a coupla days make eh.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

longtail
26-11-2005, 08:13 PM
nice couple of fish there , know what you mean about the LT's i chased them all around the bay today ::) they just wern't interested in anything i threw at them >:(
next weekend maybe ;)

cheers
jason

Always_offshore
26-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Mate , good effort but didnt recognise you with-out the white singlet.

aido
27-11-2005, 12:22 AM
i quite liked the report. nice pics too.

Brooksy
27-11-2005, 09:16 PM
I heard your request to the coastguard about fuel at dunwich. It is now all explained!Still a good result for the effort.

steve