PDA

View Full Version : Wahoo at Flinders

bidkev
26-11-2005, 07:31 PM
And I drove straight past ::) ::) Bloody idiot!

To top it all I left the bung out too :o ;D The deckie says, "what's this water pumping out the side of the boat", so it was over the side for the daughter and a look out for shark whilst she put the bung in ;D Thank beejasus for auto bilge pumps eh? ;D

Nevertheless, not a bad day with the kids kept busy at Hutchies with fair size gold spots. Kept the first 4 just so they could have a feed tonight and put the remainder back. Must have had about 40 all up with the first ones being just about the smallest. I might have guessed it when I kept 'em ;D

Also pulled about 20 squire between 30/35 cms. Frustrating when nothing bigger comes up with them, but fun for the kids.

Pulled the mackerel at M2 before we went to hutchies.

Stopped off at The Ledge on the way back and drifted two pillies on float fished about 12ft deep for about 10 minutes. Got hit just as we reached the floating beacon. Spooled the 7000 as there was just no stopping whatever it was. Never had anything run so fast and I think the old ambassadeur has finally given up the ghost.

Happy kids ;D

bidkev
26-11-2005, 07:33 PM
I got me usual vermin ;D This was a big bugger..........no way was it coming aboard ;D

philip_thomson
26-11-2005, 07:48 PM
good stuff Kev. forgetting the bung how can you be so cruel to the whittley :-?

your lucky you have a daughter who will gladly put her life on the line to do that for you ;D

nice coupla fish for a feed there. sounds like a great day was had. you chose well to by pass flinders nothing at all ;D

longtail
26-11-2005, 07:49 PM
good one kev , the kids outfished ya huh ;)
that occy would have fed ya for a month ;D

jason

straddie
26-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Good to see all of the smiling faces there Kev, the kids look like they had a ball. Sending the daughter over the side to put the bung in? gee the ladies in you family look after you mate :D

During a straddie classic a mate pulled a big octopus like that inboard which immiediately turned 5 big blokes into 5 scared girlies standing on the seats (one of which was me) trying to get out of its way as it slithered around the deck ;D

Sportfish_5
26-11-2005, 08:12 PM
:o :o :o Tough job being a deckie on the Verminator :o :o

hmm the M2 is still firing ;)

Cheers

Greg

Burley_Boy
26-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks Kev, still smiling, love the Calamari shot!
Hope we catch up in January when I'm back in town.
cheers mate. 8-)

Spaniard_King
26-11-2005, 08:58 PM
Nice to see the girls puttin the boys to shame ::)

Garry

gawby
26-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Kev, just posted my report and yes we all do iy, my grandson said to me thismorning, pop whys all the petrol coming out of the side of the boat. :-?
Sh-t i forgot the bloody bungs again. :o :o :o
Wasnt gunna report that but as you did so did i. ;)
Good fishing. :)
Graeme

Brejen
26-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Top stuff Kev. And love the shot of the kids mate nothing better than the smiles on their faces.

It must have been the day for forgetting the bungs. I know someone else that forgot their's today as well. Not telling who tho GAWBY, Ok.

Brett

Brejen
26-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I really wasn't gunna tell any one Graeme truely.

::) ::) ::) ::)

Owen
26-11-2005, 09:45 PM
So did you get a piccy of you giving the vermin a kiss before you put it back? ;D

Gotta love the smiles on those dials.
Well done bloke

cheers,
Owen

bidkev
27-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Good to see all of the smiling faces there Kev, the kids look like they had a ball. Sending the daughter over the side to put the bung in? gee the ladies in you family look after you mate #:D

During a straddie classic a mate pulled a big octopus like that inboard which immiediately turned 5 big blokes into 5 scared girlies standing on the seats (one of which was me) trying to get out of its way as it slithered around the deck #;D

Mate, I caught a small one once. First it stuck to my bloody arm and then, as I was trying to pull it off, the bugger bit me........beak like a bloody parrot! ;D This one was like a bin lid. Look close at the middle of it..........that's me yakka sitting there......gives you an idea of it's size!!!!!! :o :o

kev

bidkev
27-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Thanks Kev, still smiling, love the Calamari shot!
Hope we catch up in January when I'm back in town.
cheers mate. 8-)

The deckie's off forr 9 days after new year so there's a good chance mate.

cheers

kev

bidkev
27-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Kev, just posted my report and yes we all do iy, my grandson said to me thismorning, pop whys all the petrol coming out of the side of the boat. :-?
Sh-t i forgot the bloody bungs again. :o :o :o
Wasnt gunna report that but as you did so did i. ;)
Good fishing. :)
Graeme

Wouldn't've reported it mate :-Xbut it was damage limitation ;D I had an Ausfish audience so I thought I better report it before they took the p**s ;) ;D

kev

bidkev
27-11-2005, 11:25 AM
So did you get a piccy of you giving the vermin a kiss before you put it back? #;D

Gotta love the smiles on those dials.
Well done bloke

cheers,
Owen

No way! Shades of Alien there mate ;D Yeah, the kids had a ball and ain't that what it's all about somedays? :D :D :)

kingcobe
27-11-2005, 06:50 PM
;D stop bragging about that occy i caught it ;D NA just kidding ;D

straddie
27-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Saw the yakka sitting in its gob. The beaks are scarey, I'd hate to think what one like that would do if it latched on.

The one we got, two of the blokes wrapped their arms around it and tried to lift it off the floor and it wouldn't let go. Its head was stretching like a huge rubber band but it wouldn't move. It finally crawled onto the esky lid and we were able to get it back into the water on the lid where it swam off.

Touchy - R.I.P.
28-11-2005, 06:15 AM
Kevie Kevie Kevie, I am bitterly disapointed that you would for a moment think any of the intrep trio of ausfishers that seen you had done the bungie thing would of dobbed :P ::) ::) ::) ::), lovely rig you now have there mate & I could see a lot of serious fisho's on board there having a great time. Touchy.><>

bidkev
28-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Kevie Kevie Kevie, I am bitterly disapointed that you would for a moment think any of the intrep trio of ausfishers that seen you had done the bungie thing would of dobbed :P ::) ::) ::) ::), lovely rig you now have there mate & I could see a lot of serious fisho's on board there having a great time. Touchy.><>

Yeah Touchy, the kids had a ball especially when the lass was in the water and the little feller decided to mention the sharks in the area ;D

I'd brought the wrong specs out with me and had difficulty seeing who was in the boat. I did notice that one of you had a fish on but got broken off. The little feller said that he thought one of you looked like Webby so it shows how much he's reading/absorbing which is good.

kev

Touchy - R.I.P.
28-11-2005, 10:41 AM
Kev, Just tell the young fella that the good looking one was Touchy,who by the way was very rusty with the hooked up fish & lost it due to trying to get it up off the bottom when it was way too green & pulled the hooks, :'(, glad to know he recognised the spiderman tho' a bit earlier at 04:30am seeing him eating a pie covered in tom sauce whilst back at the ramp might of scarred him for life, not a sight for the faint hearted at all that one :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. Touchy.><>

razorline
28-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Kev, I think I passed you at Combi, we were in the big platey and I gave you a wave. Mate if it was you good to see your flying the aussie flag.(i think)
Cheers Razorline :)

bidkev
28-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Ok Touchy. At least you hooked into something. I think it's that Jacket of Webby's that gave him away ;D From what I can gather, speaking to a few other blokes on the water, it was very hit and miss/patchy. Some were into them, whilst other boats less than a hundred metres away scored nothing.

I got a good reading at Hutchies and finally got onto it after 3 goes with the anchor ;D For some reason my boat was lying a different direction to others and I've noticed that before at Hutchies that boats lie in different directions. :-? Anyway, we were pulling gold spot and squire constantly whilst a boat less then a hundred metres away hardly had a touch.

kev

kingcobe
29-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Kev, I think I passed you at Combi, we were in the big platey and I gave you a wave. Mate if it was you good to see your flying the aussie flag.(i think)
Cheers Razorline :)

Yeah mate that was us (kingcobe and kingtin) if it was a whitley sea legend 6.5. Dad (kingtin) put the flag up just last week. He's proud to be aussie.

kingcobe

uripper
30-11-2005, 09:09 PM
I got a good reading at Hutchies and finally got onto it after 3 goes with the anchor ;D For some reason my boat was lying a different direction to others and I've noticed that before at Hutchies that boats lie in different directions. :-? kev

KINGTIN
The Cape-Hutchies currents have puzzled me for some time - I swear some days the currents are going 5 different ways at once - Many times have returned to the same mark then drifted off within 180 degrees of the first drift - wind & water look & feel the same, so WHAT THE? - suspect there may be up-welling currents in the area that move thru like boils, current swirls, whirlpools etc -
HAVE U OR ANYONE ELSE GOT SOME WISDOM ON THESE CRAZY CURRENTS??
Cheers - Rip

bidkev
01-12-2005, 10:02 AM
I got a good reading at Hutchies and finally got onto it after 3 goes with the anchor ;D For some reason my boat was lying a different direction to others and I've noticed that before at Hutchies that boats lie in different directions. :-? kev

KINGTIN
The Cape-Hutchies currents have puzzled me for some time - I swear some days the currents are going 5 different ways at once - Many times have returned to the same mark then drifted off within 180 degrees of the first drift - wind & water look & feel the same, so WHAT THE? - suspect there may be up-welling currents in the area that move thru like boils, current swirls, whirlpools etc #-
HAVE U OR ANYONE ELSE GOT SOME WISDOM ON THESE CRAZY CURRENTS??
Cheers - Rip

I've absolutely no idea mate. I swear, I've been less than 100 metres from another boat and ended up sitting in the opposite direction to him. I've had real difficulty on several occasions trying to anchor on a mark. Dunno what the answer is :-? I'm guessing that the bigger bulk of my rig attracted more wind effect and that the wind had greater control over my rig and the current than the smaller craft which was affected more by the current than the wind?

kev