PDA

View Full Version : Peel Saturday 26-11-05

joeT
27-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Up at 2:30am on saturday morning for a quick fish at peel. Checked BOM and it read 1knot at the banana bank so thought it would be an easy run from Vicky Pt. At the ramp it was blowing a steady 10kts or so southerly so unexpectedly a bit cold and choppy.

Arrived at spot x and out with the anchor, unfortunately the motor flusher muffs I usually keep in the anchor well went overboard as well, bugger, not a good start.

First casts out and double hookup, no, double snags, two rigs lost. After about a hr of casts, a bunch of snags, and one tiny moses perch, we decided that this spot x was not the spot x today. Up with the anchor and off to spot x version B. First cast and 40cm squire on board. After a quick succession of 30-35cm squire and a couple of bust offs (and a heap of snags), it all shut down after sunrise. Only one decent fish for the next few hours - 62cm flathead, our first for peel.

Next time I might try spot x version B to start off with.

There were a lot of tiddlers taking the tails off our sp's, a very expensive trip, I think I lost about 20 assasins and about a dozen jigheads. I already have the order in for more at lureworld.com.au. ;)

youngfisho
27-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Good to see you had some luck at peel, was there the day before with loads of rain and only grinner striking at my plastics. Had better luck anchored in the rainbow channel with my cod and sweetlip. Had them for tea last night, yumo. tried the house boat at peel but with another boat drifting there decided wed cut our losses early. Thought the boat was going to sink with all of the rain coming into the boat. Aside from that, slick water the whole way around the island. Makes for an easy trip.

andrew

burkleybeginner
29-11-2005, 07:49 PM
decent lizard werent expecting that i bet ya :o got anything on mud island? and wat side of the island were you on? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

joeT
29-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Thought the lizard was a cod, didn't know they ventured out into the bay. Southern end of peel. Never fished mud before, but will as soon as I get some flares.

Wyoming
01-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Joe, I think the reason you got the flattie was the Tomato Juice burley

bidkev
01-12-2005, 12:57 PM
Thought the lizard was a cod, didn't know they ventured out into the bay. #

Joe, there's plenty around Chain and Amity Banks and around Moreton close in (Sandhills and Curtin area).

kev

joeT
02-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Joe, I think the reason you got the flattie was the Tomato Juice burley

shhhhhh.... bugger, don't give away all my secrets... ;)

RobSee
02-12-2005, 09:34 PM
At least Fordo will be happy! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Murph77
13-04-2007, 09:05 AM
nice work mate

Adamy
13-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Hey Murph... whats going on? Might want to check the date on your computer... the last few posts have been dredged up from a year and almost a half ago... Are we caught in a time warp here or something???:o

Adam

Marlin_Mike
13-04-2007, 05:25 PM
It's friday the 13th//boogie boogie boogie.........maybe thats the reason Adamyc :)

bert
13-04-2007, 09:49 PM
I think MURPH set a new record 18 posts in 25 minutes might have been more .No wonder silver member in 4 months.