PDA

View Full Version : Late report for Tues

skippa
01-12-2005, 10:43 AM
Well,

it was rather a snap decision to head out Tues, Mrs Skip hasn't been on board the SS Southwind for a while and as we both had the day off Mrs Skip suggests 'lets go fishing 2morrow' I don't need to be told twice .. ;D

Unfortunately Mrs Skips idea of an early start is somewhere between daylight and 10.00am... perhaps its just goning to be a boating day I quietly think to myself. Brejen and Crestcutter have teamed up on the Mistress (thats a boat fellas) and I'd arranged to give em a call when we made it down to the ramp.

Scooting out thru the seaway at 6.30am we were greeted with some pretty ordinary seas ... Oh do you normally fish in these rough conditions says Mrs skip? She'll be right love I say, thinking geez I'm glad she took a Kwell ... get on the horn to Brett and Darryl and team up some 30 minutes later. The boys have jigged up some livies and onto some undersize squire.. ( geez we could of gone to the houseboat and done better)

As the weather really wasn't that good we decided to stay in a bit close, what with Mrs skip starting to look a bit green and all. Drifted around the 18's and 24's ? for an average sort of morning. only real excitement was geting bitten off by something big ... on my floater. The weather did improve thru the morning but it wasn't long before the Northerlies kicked in and what little we had shut down anyway. Picked up the usual grinners undersize squire sweeties and rubbish, but Mrs skip was still happy getting double hookups .... 'this is better than the bay lovie' .... yes sweetie

After the recent pasting of getting wet in the southwind, Mr Brejen and his poor deckie Darryl got very wet ..... in the Haines ..... what comes around brett #;D ;D

Stopped over on Wavebreak for lunch and a chinwag, a good boating day with good company anyway. Went over to Bigerra waters ramp to meet up with Burley boy to have a gander at his new rig, very nice mate. Brett I wont mention trying to go under the bridge with the outriggers up ( did that come out loud) oh well at least Darryl had his witts about him, good onya Darryl. #;D

All in all, even without a feed, a good day out with the Mrs and friends. #

Next trip Mermaid Palmy or the Tweed...

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

skippa
01-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Wavebreak Lunch time stopover

Brejen
01-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Mate wet thats a damm understatement. I had to look over the side of the boat and check i was in the Haines. I was that wet i was sure that i was still in the WETWIND. MMMMMM might have to sell it get bigger boat.. ::)

Na was some ordinary seas alright.

Darryl and i trolled first up from the seaway to around 6k's South; the plan was to troll all the way to M'maid or Palmy, but after taking a couple well over the nose we decided that we'd hang around close and wait for the Skippa and Mrs Skippa to arrive. We had a spread of 4 out and not a hit on anything. Had the outriggers on for the first time and wanted to have a play with them, we did. Fished some nice schools with livies, baits but nothing to bring home. Except some live bait forgot all about them and when i got home and was emptying the boat what did i come across, live bait ::)

When we came back in thru the seaway they where standing right up and a couple where even rolling over at the top. All this and still a good 1hr to the bottom of the tide. The bank to the North was breaking as good as the Wide bay bar can. We must of counted a good 5-6 waves all breaking over there on that bank all at the same time. The swell itself was around the 1.2 -1.5 mtr. So again be carefull out there.

As Skippa said was a good day. Had a play with the new riggers took another mate that i've meet thanks to Ausfish for a fish ( not the last time either). Thanks Darryl next time mate maybe some fish.

B/Boy when you get back we'll get together for a run. Nice boat mate need that bimini tho, again great to meet up with u and the wife. How was lunch everyone arrive?

Thanks again to Darryl for being the Partner and Tony and Tracey great company.

Brett

Brejen
01-12-2005, 12:58 PM
The baby

bigmack
01-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Boat looks awesome with the outriggers - no wonder you couldnt go under the bridge - he he he .

No fish but a nice day anyway - beats working!

Phill

longtail
01-12-2005, 07:41 PM
good onyas fellas ;) lucky buggers, me stuck at work , starting to feel crook for mon ;) :D
bad luck on no fish , but at least you were out there ::)

cheers
jason

2DKnBJ
01-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Half ya luck fellas for being out there while most other people were working :'(
Shame the fish didn't play ball.
Catch up with you soon
Cheers Dazza

Darryl
02-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Sorry about the late response guys, have been a bit on the crook side, actually a lot on the crook side.

Own stupid fault and cant blame anyone else.

As brett and tony have said , great day , fantastic set up boat Mistress is. Sort of makes me want to throw away my mighty carribean. First time meeting tracey and like Tony real easy to get along with and although was a bit greenish outside loves her fishing and had to have a bait in. Good onya tracey.

Brett , #top day again, it's awsome to go out with someone who is spot on and you feel safe as houses with. And at no stage was i worried about anything other than catching fish. Safety wasn't even a concern knowing i was in good hands.

Mistress is one hell of #a boat , and after i finish building my next house i might have to join the club i think. And as you said mate, it's amazing how you can log onto a chat board meet a few blokes like you tony jason and dazza and just know that even if fishing was banned tomorrow we would always be bloody good mates.

Thanxs for the trip buddy and i will catch you on here or on the phone. Lifes a bit hectic with the move that's on and my personal issue's but in the next couple of weeks life will be normal again. I hope lol.

Thanxs fellas. #

skippa
02-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Geez Darryl,

Hope ur feeling better mate, guess you don't want a carton of cigs for Xmas then ... don't worry mate, nothing worse than a reformed smoker ;D :-X

Get well soon, gotta give em heaps on Russell.

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

Brejen
03-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Mick thanks for the comment. Not wrong bout not getting under the bridge would have been something to shed a tear over.

Jas and Daz mate we'll get out there again soon hey.

Darryl mate thanks agian for the day. Not good to hear about u being sick. U know what to do tho hey. And mate ur welcome out anytime. Had a ball next time we might get serious and get some fish tho. ;D ;D ;D

Brett

Hagar
03-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Niiice Brett real nice - but I still reckon there's just enough room on the top of the bimini for a tuna tower - whaddya reckon .

Chris

Brejen
03-12-2005, 11:05 AM
Chris for sure mate. U got one laying around maybe off the old girl.

Darryl and i had a boat come over near us on Tuesday. This boat had a tower and we both looked at each other and remarked how top heavey it looked and how scarey it would be to be up there in the swell we where out in. Not sure what type boat and how big. The two blokes went passed us the kept heading out East.

Oh just remembered can't put it on won't be able to get her into the shed. DAMM oh what a shame ::) .
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .
Brett.

U working tomorrow or heading out

Hagar
03-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Nope - working unfortunately . There's some good dirty water lines out there though that could be worth a look . I'm over filleting fish too after the other day .

Chris

Brejen
03-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Cheer mate i'll talk to u morrow night

skippa
03-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Brett,

here's the original pic I posted, don't know why it was deleted? was a bit of swell running early, this was about mid morning tho from memory ...

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

Brejen
03-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Cheers Tony, from that, it deffinately looks like mid morning. There was a lot more swell and chop b4 that was taken. Still looks like a little there tho.

Brett

gawby
03-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Come on fellas,
You know brett has been to the doctors since all these posts, :P
He is suffering from swollen head syndrome from al the bulls--t in the posts about the mistressed. ;D ;D
Looks funny with a neck brace on to hold his head up. :P :P :P
Told yo before skippa, ill pick the day and the weather will be fine. ;)
Tinny club member, graeme.

longtail
03-12-2005, 06:06 PM
hey graeme , bet their fuel economy isn't as good as ours ;) :P :P
tinny club member ,
jason 8-)

gawby
03-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Yep you got that right jason
Maybe we will have to have a tinny club m & g at wave break island and haines klunkers and west winds are forbidden. :P :P
Tinny club member,
Graeme

skippa
03-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Told yo before skippa, ill pick the day and the weather will be fine. #
Tinny club member, graeme.

Ok Graeme you pick the day, no pressure, but you know if it turns to shite, well you what will happen eh ......
and it won't be Snappa's fault either. #;) ;D

Your mate Rob rang, you know the dentist, wants to know when your next trip is too cause he's planning his family overseas holiday and is looking for your fillings job to put down his deposit... # ;D ;D

Says his best investment was shares in Stacer boats ..... # ;D ;D

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)
Ps Jase I hope the fuel savings is enough to pay for your dentist bills too ... #;D ;D

James_V17L
03-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Bloody hell..somehow I missed this thread...great day out lads...soon as I get my feet back on the ground with my new job & a few well overdue jobs around the house
done,I'll be joinin ya...cheers

longtail
03-12-2005, 07:57 PM
nah tony , only cost 5 bucks for a mouthguard , the rest pays for my fishin addiction ;) ;) ;D
also get my bait cheap from ebay- win, win :P :P

tinny club member
jason

skippa
03-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Hey Jase,

Mouthguard, thats a good idea ..... wouldn't work for Graeme tho, too busy having a yawn over the side .. ;D

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

gawby
04-12-2005, 12:17 AM
yawn spew argh cough. boy thats better now whats for breaky. :P

skippa
04-12-2005, 06:45 AM
Good on ya Graeme,

morning ritual eh .....
Gotta go weathers great up here today not going fishing but .....

Todays the day for the Harley ride ... geez looks like me fake tats are rubbing off .. .. ;D

Cheers,
Tony 8-)