PDA

View Full Version : Deckie wins again : Moreton Sunday

Vic1
05-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Gday all

Left Raby Bay 6.00am Sun with the intention of getting into a few more LT that we caught up with on last week. Headed to the beacons to get some livies...after 1 hour had 3 in the boat, one which proceeded to die within 10 min of capture :-[ Bugger!!! Didn't leave us much of an option but to throw slugs at any schools that came our way. After zig zagging across the bay, we finally found a few schools busting up, but they didn't want to know about every size and color slug I had in the tacklebox.

In desperation, threw on the only 2 livies we had into a trail and 1/2 an hour later the deckies rod goes crazy and in comes a nice little LT (not weighed but est at 8-9kg). Deckie now 5 LT, John 0 for the season ;D

All in all despite the lack of livies, and having to dodge numerous jetskis (do any of these guys have any idea???) great day on the water

Cheers

Fishinmishin
05-12-2005, 07:50 PM
John.......find a new deckie ;D. From what I hear the LTs are around but are skittish so at least your managing to get one to the boat. What you need to do is tell him you gotta sharpen the hooks before putting on a livey next time. File his point off and yours sharp and hopefully the fish will take his but come back to yours ;). My boat was meant to be ready today but now friday so if your on the water next weekend, give me a call and we'll catch up.
Cheers, Jay

Vic1
05-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Yes, I guess we should be happy that at least we are getting some to the boat. I keep telling him he's just having a lucky patch.........if it continues I may take your advice however ;D OR threaten him with a swim home from Tangalooma :o.

Cloud_9
06-12-2005, 08:32 PM
how far are you going up the bay ?
Cloud 9