PDA

View Full Version : Brissie River Mon night

TinnieThing
07-12-2005, 09:33 AM
All,
Had monday off work so headed to the mouth of the brissie river for a fish. Just installed the new sounder so I was keen to give it a go. Headed out from Whyte Island boat ramp at approx 1700 with the intent to get some livies prior to moving to our spot for the night. Managed to get a nice haul of poddy mullet throwing the cast net and was surprised to get a couple of big tiger prawns and a small flathead in the cast net as well. Headed up the river towards the mouth looking at the sounder the whole way found a nice deep hole fairly close to the port itself anchored up and sent down my first livie. Within 30 seconds it got smashed, after a couple of minutes fight on light line I got a massive sting ray to the side of the boat, after cursing I replaced the livie which got smashed another two times in very close succession, to which I got a huge catfish and an eel. I didn't know I could get these on livies. [smiley=shocked.gif] The highlight of the night was a just legal snapper that took a lightly weighte live herring. [smiley=happy2.gif] Overall a slow night, however beats working. Oh by the way, my mate didn't get a touch all night.

MIKOS
07-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi tinny thing,

Good nto see you got some tigers.How many did you get and was the water very deep where you were netting.

Also how do you go parking your car and tralier at whyte isl ramp at night.Is it safe? ;)

Cheers

MIKOS

Touchy - R.I.P.
07-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Mikos, The ramp is like most others I guess, you still take your chances I haven't had any probs there the couple of times overnight & I have seen security patrols from the wharves go round there during the night as well Cheers Touchy.><>

MIKOS
07-12-2005, 12:31 PM
Yeh cool touchy,

always worried about those bloody theives.anyway good to know that the security guards come around every now and then,that gives me peace of mind.do you use a trailer lock? what sort is it? I use a padlock
on my safety chain to the tow bar. :)

Cheers

Mike

freddies
08-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Fished Bulwer wall on Tuesday morn for 5 sand crabs and 3 legal squire between two of us .