PDA

View Full Version : Couple pics - recent trips

Commodore
15-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Hi all,
Just thought I’d put a few pics of the last couple of missions.
first was in Iluka earlier this month, got some nice whiting and few flatties on the rubbers (missed the pics) and second was a charter, out from Moreton Is with a few of the boys and Cheech came along for a look (had to go early cause Cheech had to catch a plane, glad I wasn’t sitting next to him). The pics say it all.
Cheers
Chong

Commodore
15-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Best whiting 36cm :D

Commodore
15-12-2005, 02:49 PM
the garbage disposal units ;D

Commodore
15-12-2005, 02:51 PM
work him.... ;)

Commodore
15-12-2005, 02:51 PM
what a day ;D

Commodore
15-12-2005, 02:52 PM
the result

efc
15-12-2005, 03:01 PM
some serious fish there mate, well done. Where did you get the whiting from? Im not familiar with Iluka.

Commodore
15-12-2005, 03:38 PM
efc,
Thanks, Iluka is in Northern NSW on the Clarence River opposite Yamba. Lovely little spot and some good fishing, plenty of camping or units to stay in.
Chong

Fishin_Dan
15-12-2005, 03:38 PM
That's a pretty big bend in the rod for a 36cm whiting!!! ;) LOL

Looks like you had some top days! Bet those whiting tasted good! :D

I'm heading down to Coffs for xmas, and coming back up through the National Parks around Illuka, so will definately be taking some rods!

Commodore
15-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Hey Dan,

;D ;D He put up a good fight, didn’t want to come of the bottom and they were bloody nice chewing.
If going to Iluka there is a couple good spots from the bank, give us a call and I’ll give you the rundown ;) ;).
Cheers
Chong

Fishin_Dan
15-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Will definately give you a call.

I'm doing Xmas in Coffs Harbour (Get there xmas eve, leave boxing day) and looking at doing a bit of Camping & Fishing through some National Parks along the coast as I come back up. No real schedule, except have to be back in Brizzy by NYE. Hopefully doing Mt Warning as well, so should be good!

What was the charter you went on? Was the kingy all you caught? And why didn't you want to sit next to Cheech on the plane??? Was it cause he smelled funny(er)? ;)

allniter
15-12-2005, 04:20 PM
They are good quality summer whiting Matt,
under rated the good old whiting i reckon,
nice feed mate
regards darren

lukesnapper
15-12-2005, 09:56 PM
good catch mate, the36cm is huge!

wiseguy67
16-12-2005, 07:52 AM
Hey Chong nice whiting :o I have been living here in lovely Iluka for a year and have only once actualy targeted whiting and must admit have not caught any like that.
Well done.
Funny while you came to visit I went camping south a few kms to Sandon River and Red cliffs another secret spot 8-) caught a small flaty and some bream, still no jewie, enjoyed the rain and storms that blew by, otherwise it was good to get away from Iluka, lol

Next time your in the neighborhood I will accept your offer on chasing whiting.

Last night I left the breakwall at two am with two large tailor (50cm and 65cm), had a four close hookups, each time the livie was spit or left with no body.... still waiting to catch the elusive jewie. Maybe tonight ;D
The mullet are starting to show in numbers in the corners, bound to get some palagics on the chew.
No pics as the memory card stuffed up, this morning fillets don't look as good as silver green 65cm tailor ;)
here hoping i will get my first jewie tonight
Cheers,
Gerard

youngfisho
16-12-2005, 08:16 AM
gotta be careful with new south, they impose a 20 fish limit on a combined take of fish. Ie 10 whiting 5 flatties and 5 bream is your bag of 20. Or at least they did when I was down at iluka last.

andrew

Kid
16-12-2005, 08:32 AM
What was the charter like mate

Cheers

Kid

Commodore
17-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the replies,
Wise, hope you get your jewie ;)and probably be back down early next year I’ll let you know.
Younfisho, all rule and regs were adhered to according to NSW regulations including a licence.
Kid, the charter was good, but like any charter your in the hands of the skipper at the time, still its worth it when you get conditions like we had, it was good just to be out there. ;D
Cheers,
Chong