PDA

View Full Version : Pine River 3 trips in this report.

BrandonH
15-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey all, i am new here but do a lot of fishing when i can. Been doing a lot in the pine of late. 3 weeks ago i managed to get my first ever Jack. it was a total of 2 inches long!! I had livies out and was flicking bait near the bank for Bream, well after about 5 or so Bream this little critter jumped on!
http://members.optusnet.com.au/bjh79/images/firstjack2.jpg

I had a few runs on the livies but didn't hook anything well lost one rig probablly to a shark (60lb leader). anyways i decided to go again the next night, this time with a couple of other firends. we got there a little earlier then the night b4 and the fish hadn't gotten to where we were yet, we droped the livies down and i had a flick for bream with bait again. nothing happened for nearly an hour. Then i noticed some surface activity near the bank starting so i got the bream gear out again. within 5 seconds i draged this guy in.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/bjh79/images/GoodBream1.jpg

then another Breambo about the same, then my second Jack ever!! and it was on the Bream gear yet gear AGAIN!!! he only measured 25 but fought harder than all the Bream we got.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/bjh79/images/secondjack.jpg

It was funny, neither on my firends got a touch untill my 3rd fish:) we were using the same bait and the same rigs the only difference between us was about 2 foot in placment of the bait. both ended up getting a couple of good bream all released after some photos.

Now i just need to get myself something over 30!! Lol and no i couldn't go out the next night:(

I decided to go out lastnight for another go this time trolling lures. i had a 10mtr gold bommer and another 10+ lure on crusing around some nice water up the pine only got 1 hit that didn't hook up. i also cast around a couple of snags that seamed to have a lot of surface action happening but with no luck, i also tried some poppers in these areas also no luck:( water was resionably clean although the tide was only just dropping when i left. water temp was dam hot at 30.6!!

Cheers
Brandon.

Ps: when you troll for Jack do you go as slow as possable? or do they like a quicker runing lure? or am i asking for too much infomation!!

cuzzamundi
15-12-2005, 06:49 PM
gday brandon,

great report, and two really nice little jacks! roughly where in the pine were you when you got em? i havent used hard bodies for jacks yet, gonna try for the first time in the pine tonight!!! cant wait. so yeah, unsure how they respond to the hardbodies - if you ask flickflack or agnes jack they'll know for sure. as will a million others on here! and kingtin (the verminator) knows the pine really darn well so ask him for specific stuff relating to the system!i mainly use livies so it'll be interesting to see how i go. was there much debris in the water when you were there? anyway great effort and keep up the reports! cheers,

cuzza

land_based
15-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Great report Brandon.

I fish the pine alot also, i've only ever pulled one jack from it and was similar size as your bigger one.Nice solid bream you pulled too! Great report mate, keep up the good work.

StevenM
16-12-2005, 06:55 AM
Good report,

Must say I love the cute little Jack

Cheers

Steven

BrandonH
16-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys!! I was worrying a did something wrong cause it took awhile to get your replys! I guess a lot of people don't get on till they get home from work.

cuzza there was a little debris in the water but i didnt see anything too big, just a few twigs. I was near the concrete slabs up the top end of the pine, those fish came outa there before the rain we had the last few weeks, i got nothing but one hit the other night with the hard bodies.

I went out this morning and there are fish around. I trolled a couple of lures b4 dawn and managed to land a 34cm Bream on a 5+ manns and a catfish on another 15+ manns. that was about an hours worth of trolling, did some flicking of the 5+ and got a hit but didn't connect, i am pretty sure i got a couple of other hits on the troll too but i can't be sure. flicked a few plastics around too but had trouble with the current as it was ripping through. Heavy head didn't get the bites and the light one gave me too much loose line but was getting attacked. would have missed 5+ fish on the plastics unfortunatly:( i could't stay around as i had to get to work at 9 and the high was at 9:30. I will be very keen to do it again!! But next time i will time the tides better:) I have some pics of them and will post tonight if i can.
Cheers
Brandon.

Billo
18-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Welcome aboard Brandon .

Nice lilttle Jack in pic 1 ...awesome tank size ;) ;D

but yep , i'll take jack #2 thanks .
25cm jack on bream gear is nothing to sniffle at .

look forward to seeing more reports mate ...keep em coming

BrandonH
19-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Ok got the pic's from Friday morning now, not that exciting i gota get myself a cheap ok digi cam. this was with my phone.

Bream Manns streach 5+
http://members.optusnet.com.au/bjh79/images/Breammanns.jpg

Catfish Manns 15+
http://members.optusnet.com.au/bjh79/images/CatfishManns.jpg

land_based
19-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Thats a top bream mate well done, I'm heading to the pine this arvo, ill let you know how i go.

land_based
19-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Oh also,

it looks like whoever took the picture of the catfish is urinating on it ;D ;D ;D

BrandonH
19-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Lol good on ya Rob!! that is actually the 40lb leader you can see there! good luck this arvo, will be waiting on your report:) I don't know if i will get out this week, i gota get a lot of stuff sorted out b4 i go away for xmass including getting the wheelarch of the boat trailer reweilded as its half fallen off!!

Brandon...