PDA

View Full Version : hayes inlet shark

Seahorse
18-02-2006, 07:20 PM
went back to check pots in hayes inlet today about 11am and just up before yellow beacon i saw a shark about 1 metre jump clear out of the water did couple flips sideways and landed with big splash. would have leapt at least metre out of water. has anyone seen that before.

chanquetas
18-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes, and usually just before bad weather. I have heard it said that it means the weather is going to turn nasty and I have seen this happen.

fathead
18-02-2006, 07:30 PM
yep! coming back from the pin saw a shark about meter long jump out of the water ten meters away from people swimming behind a mored boat :o They nearly walked on water gettin out ;D
dont know what type of shark it was though.

jackash
18-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Seen it before but that was at Fraser, and this shark was absoultely huge... probably about a or 2 off the beach... and no wsant a small whale or a big dolphin.

Seahorse
18-02-2006, 07:34 PM
i knew i wasnt seeing things. water was only about 6,7 ft. deep.

Dezzer
18-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Bull sharks. They should use a couple at seaworld.

Scott15
18-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Seen one leap out down the goldy canals

Adamy
18-02-2006, 10:21 PM
See it at the Seaway all the time, (saw it agiain today) I figure them for makos - cause of the shape and how fast they're moving - But I have heard they do it to rid themselves of... something they dont want..like parasites or something??

freddyfish
19-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Seahorse

I was out just past the Hornibrook bridge yesterday (sat ) and saw the same thing around the same time. Shark was about a meter lomg and did a twist like a performing dolphin.

Brad

land_based
19-02-2006, 09:18 AM
yep i've seen it in hayes inlet too, there plentiful around there.

mattooty
19-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Had loads of bull sharks jump when hooked and also had them jump just before a downpour. One shark we saw off the breakwall once was about 8foot long and jumped clear of the water behind heaps of swimmers. They nearly ran on the water when they saw the size of it.
Matt

Seahorse
19-02-2006, 01:22 PM
hey brad,
how did u go.

greg

cuzzamundi
19-02-2006, 03:52 PM
happens all the time in the pine. the yalso give us a great aerobatic show once hooked! great creatures!

cuzza

matt20
19-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Ive seen two in the stretch between the mouth of the coomera and the mouth of the pimpma. I know a couple of water taxi drivers and local watersports guys, they see it all the time.

Truck
20-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I saw one once 6-8 months ago out at Schultz canal, would have easily jumped 1m out of the water!!

twodogsfishing
20-02-2006, 02:04 PM
One of the ferry drivers for the tennerieffe - bulimba stretch on the river says big bulls jump clean out of the water around there quite regularly

WCEagles
20-02-2006, 04:42 PM
About 2 weeks ago, on the western side of the Pine River Bridge between the red bouy and the Murrumba Downs side a noah jump. not sure what type. It got about 3 foot of its body out of the water but I would say had another 2 foot underwater.

jackextracter
20-02-2006, 04:52 PM
The ones i have caught in the rivers jump around when you hook them they like to put on a show.

fish2eat
20-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Not uncommon at all, saw my biggest one around the top of Macleay Is

shaman
20-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Saw my first one jump recently at Sth Curridgee Camp, not sure how big it was but at first I thought it must have been a dolphin but was sure it was a shark , even said to my wife I thought it was. Wasn't until a post a couple of weeks ago that said Bulls jump that I realised it was.
Heaps of boat traffic and jetskis every where and it jumped only about 10 mtrs from shore. Meanwhile there were families swimming (including me & my boys) and people falling off donuts etc. everywhere, just goes to show you that they are all around us and the few attacks that are recorded are extremely rare and I guess a bit unlucky. Shaman

swano
22-02-2006, 08:18 PM
saw a docco on pay tv counting down the 10 most dangerous sharks in d world and guess where the counting stopped ?????????????????????
NUMBER ONE , THE BRISBANE RIVER BULL SHARK .
has been more attacks from these buggas over the years then any other species of shark on the planet :o
was throwin the cast net off deepwater bend pontoon thisarvo watchin wankers on wakeboards zoomin up and down full noise only meters from the boat ramp and pontoons thinkin hmmmmmm ,,, if a bully jumped out in front right now i bet the wetsuit would go brown and the wankboarding would stop in a hurry ;D

pools are made to swim in ;)

The_Walrus
22-02-2006, 08:40 PM
A few times when fishing the canals at Newport waters, I've seen people dive off their pontoon for an early morning swim.

You'd have to be soft in the head to use any canals as a swiming hole.

Still it's fun to watch the skiers face when I pull in a bullie right where they ski.

It get's better when I proceed to release the wee beastie ;D ;D

Luc

bo_sawyer
23-02-2006, 08:57 AM
lol Luc!!!

AngiG
04-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeap Bullies do it all the time.
I have a picture of a 2m one jumping ill have to scan it (old camera) and post it ehre.

White_Steenbras
04-04-2006, 07:41 PM
I saw one down the Tweed while playing golf on the River course.

Had just seen a Skier go past a couple secs B4, then a shark about 2m leapt clear of the Water in a twisted motion.

Check out on Google Creat Whites in False Bay in S.Afr. This dude who took these photo's I used to go to School with, he has some made pics. These are all great whites that jump about 1-4m out of the water, its crazy fotage, poor little seals...and sometimes surfers. Heard a mate of mine tell me the other day that an old lady was taken off the beach I grew up one, they reckon the shark was at least 6m.Cant believe I used to surf these waters.....suppose we were lucky that heaps of seals called False Bay home.

Cheers Steve ;D

LUMOX
04-04-2006, 07:49 PM
was sitting at new farm park and saw a mtr shark jump and spin only 8 mtrs from the shore

White_Steenbras
04-04-2006, 08:12 PM
New Farm park huh, I live just off Sydney street, have caught acouple ugly catfish, might have to dip afreash squid head sometime.

Cheers :D

FOOCKCHUCKER
06-04-2006, 08:33 AM
yeh i saw one with the young fulla at nudgee creek that did a nice summy. the little guy said can we catch him dad so out whent a big livey on the alvey and 5 mins later a big run and some grunting resulted in one stoked young fulla looking into a sharks mouth all be it from a safe 2 meters away. after showing a coulple of keen dog swimmers the largish whaler let him swim away and the dog owners were a bit amazed we let him go and sharks could be at this location. now they do!!

White_Steenbras
06-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Thats what bit me off huh. :'(

Slient
06-04-2006, 05:45 PM
I saw one once 6-8 months ago out at Schultz canal, would have easily jumped 1m out of the water!!
You're joking ::) if its true and would be hard to believe it :o

White_Steenbras
07-04-2006, 02:41 PM
No Jokes Silent, bit me off mate!!!! :'(

snappa
07-04-2006, 06:57 PM
i'm not mad .. :)

i thought i was the only one..
early morning checking the pots ....

pine river ..