PDA

View Full Version : pinkenba 9/4/06

TIM-DONSELAAR
09-04-2006, 07:31 PM
my fiancee and i flicked some sp's around near the pinkenba boat ramp today,only fish caught was this little flattie...he took a 3" berkley powerbait in smelt colour with scales,a quick photo and back in the drink he went.

cheers tim #:D

jackash
09-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Nice fish [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]
Cheers
Ash

Trey
09-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Hi, I'm new to this area. A friend of mine suggested we try Pinkenba for change. Our choice for Pinkenba is firstly it is close to the river mouth, also there is public tranport, and also friends have said it was good spot.

We know there is a train station but we don't really know where to go after that. On the UBD map there seems to be a fair few Wharves - is there public access to them?

Also on the map - the entire shoreline is marked a "Bulwer Island Wall". Is it fishable? or are there too many snags? Any advice/directions/contacts welcomed.

TIM-DONSELAAR
09-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Hi, I'm new to this area. A friend of mine suggested we try Pinkenba for change. Our choice for Pinkenba is firstly it is close to the river mouth, also there is public tranport, and also friends have said it was good spot.

We know there is a train station but we don't really know where to go after that. On the UBD map there seems to be a fair few Wharves - is there public access to them?

Also on the map - the entire shoreline is marked a "Bulwer Island Wall". Is it fishable? or are there too many snags? Any advice/directions/contacts welcomed.

sorry mate i cant really help you,it was my first time fishing around pinkenba,i suggest you put a post up about pinkenba in the saltwater chat section as im sure a lot of ausfish members know the area well and will be able to answer your questions.

cheers tim #:)

StevenM
10-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi Tim,

Least you were out and having a play and caught something.

BTW that a fancy looking reel, what combo do you have there as it doesnt seem to be the ones you just bought.

Cheers

Steven

Slient
10-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Well done Tim 8-)
Keep post what matter you catch small, bigger fish or nil 8-)
We like hear from you often
Cheers
Silent

TIM-DONSELAAR
10-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Hi Tim,

Least you were out and having a play and caught something.

BTW that a fancy looking reel, what combo do you have there as it doesnt seem to be the ones you just bought.

Cheers

Steven

the combo i was using is the one i purchased recently

http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/yabb2/YaBB.cgi?num=1143180913/8#8

there's the link to refresh your memory

cheers tim #:D

White_Steenbras
10-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Nice work Tim, always good to catch and release the little flattys and of course the big girls too!!!!

Seems like a lot of Flattys call the river home. I've picked up a fair few around the Captain Bishop Bridge, its a great spot, but has to be on the tides as the water pumps through there. Got busted off there over the weekend!! Smashed really hard with one solid run then ping!! Bloody light leader, it hurts.

Cheers Steve ;D

TIM-DONSELAAR
10-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Steve i only keep flatties between 40cm and 60cm...any bigger and i release them##[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

cheers tim :D

White_Steenbras
10-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Nice one Tim, check your mail my man, sent you a pm.