PDA

View Full Version : BRISBANE RIVER FLATTIES - PINKENBA

Mullet_Musketeer
27-08-2006, 06:44 PM
I had a disappointing morning at Bribie on Friday with only a few undersized lizards and some Pike.

I was aware that I need to keep my averages up so despite a major hangover #- I got up at six this morning (Sunday) and went down to the Pinkenba Rockwall. I gave the new GULP 4" Turtleworm SP in - yes, you guessed pumpkinseed - a run out #- I keep looking at it and thinking its way too long - but third cast - wallop and a 44cm lizard had swallowed the whole thing. Over the next hour and a half I added 3 more, two on the same worm and one on a 2" Shrimp.

There are plenty of lizards around and I am beginning to think that size doesn't matter with soft plastics - big or small they seem to eat them all.

I attach a pic and I am looking forward to a few more sessions like this in the next month or so.

mat_anderson04
27-08-2006, 06:59 PM
hay mate i was also fishing pinkenbar today. at luggage point ended up with a few flaatys biggest going 50cm :( only small

Mullet_Musketeer
28-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Ive had a few good ones just at the end of the submerged rockwall at Luggage Point and around the Tanker Wharf. Got my PB 68 cm one there about a month ago - it is a good spot - especially on a run out tide.

Floyd2006
28-08-2006, 07:05 PM
nice session you had there mate, well done

Floyd

mikedel
29-08-2006, 11:18 PM
Gotta luv those Gulps. I noticed that Big W has them at 2 pkts for $10 next week, mmm might stock up ::).