PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Wello Today 23/8 with T1

Great_White
23-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Was lucky enough to meet up with T1 for a fish at the Wello ramp :)

I had never met T1 prior to today - #so at 4.30am we made the introductions and off we went in search of some squire. Got to a spot that T1 said looked good, so we started a drift #- I am a bait man through and through - but on T's advice I borrowed wifey's G-Loomis just in case I was turning to the dark side (SP's)

Well, I had my trusty Marlin rod with fresh squid out the back of the boat.......... no action....... nothing..... T1 was getting some inquiries on the SP's so I thought - oh well, #no ones looking" and made a grab for the Loomis! :-X

I said to T "Now what do I do with this?????" :-? Looking at the dangling piece of plastic and after T1 threaded my SP and tied on my jighead - I felt like I was brand new to fishing all over again!!! :-[ #Meanwhile, marlin rod and bait still sitting out the back untouched! :( #

With the sun just starting to come up, T1 had hooked up! :) #a nice 37cm squire. #Next cast #- T1, on again, 45cm squire, next cast - T1 on again (do you get the picture :() 36cm squire! #Then I hear the zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz on my bait rod! nearly threw the Loomis overboard! :o to get to my rod! Only to find it was snagged! >:( #Broke off the hook and put it away! :(

Started another drift, the wind had changed and so had the tide, my new fandangled sounder was on the blink >:( making it difficult to find the structure that we were looking for!

I had a bite and got busted off. #T1 then changed the leader and tied me another jighead and adjusted the drag for me! #Had a couple of other bites shortly after resulting in a 3 undersize squire being boated.

Decided to move spots and try closer to Green. #After a couple of drifts T1 got a call and then later on he got THE CALL! #So we raced back to the ramp, took a quick happy snap and off he raced!!!! #

And we know what the result was - a baby BOY at 8.26pm tonight! #A weigher at 3.2kg!!!! #That's a keeper! ;)

WELL DONE T1 and MRS T1 - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! #:D and thanks for the company this morning!

Cheers
Great White

charleville
23-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Nice report! Thanks! :)

T1 has had a bumper day. Lots of good catches for him. :)

aquarius
23-08-2006, 10:59 PM
Great White its good to see you gave the SP'S a go.
Don't give up on them because you will score some keepers given time.
When the water dirty's up a bit towards summer the big ones show up but not in quantity.
My fishing mates and I have done ok during the summer months chasing squire around Wello.
Put in the time and you get rewarded.
Sounds like T1 had a top session today.
Congratulations to MR & MRS T1 on the birth of your son.
Cheers Brent

T1
24-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Yep, certainly got the call! :D

Thanks for the short few hours Pete and i look forward to making it up to you in the next few weeks where we can go out and try to get you onto some 'legal' Squiries!! Lets just say today you caught more than my first attempt at SP's so you're definitely on the right track!

And mum & bub are doing just great!

Take Care T

shabss
24-08-2006, 06:20 AM
congrats t1 on the baby boy
looks like we have just increased the fisherman population by 1

Scalem
24-08-2006, 07:05 AM
I've already congratulated T1 on your other post Peter, but I will again for a good cause. #Contrats T1.!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter, what were you doing fishing a Marlin rod and bait on a drift over shallow reef ?:o :o I guess not too silly, you can catch big fish that way, but you had Herms new combo available, but weren't using it?? #Not until T1 got the drop on you did you realize you should have been duplicating everything he was doing... :D :D

Mate, I am going to have to break this curse for you and chuck you in yours or my boat, whichever, I don't care!! :) :) #But be warned, I will have a sniffer dog with me, and if he/she detects the presence of bait anywhere on your person, you run the risk of being strip searched before coming on a placcie session with me!!! :o :o #You CAN resist the temptation of bringing bait, but if you still think it a problem, I will get Janine to put a pair of gloves on so she can get to know you a little better!!!!;D ;D

We will break this habbit you have by hook or by crook!! ;)

Scalem

StevenM
24-08-2006, 07:35 AM
Pete

how in the hell did Janine give you her Loomis??

Cheers

Steven

Herm
24-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Yes Boys!!! I was VERY trusting wasn't I! ;D ;D ;D ;D

I was concerned about the lending of my new baby, but I know how he gets when the fish are biting elsewhere than his rod! ;) T1 was going to be using the placcies - so under the cover of darkness the Loomis was spirited away!

Good thing too by the report! Score - Placcies ALL Bait NONE

Peter was quite impressed with the plastics fishing - so much so that after he arrived back at home yesterday morning - we had to go to a tackle shop just to "have a LOOK!" Sure!!!! Now he has his own placcies combo! :D and my Loomis is safe!!!! ;)

Cheers
:)Janine

chief
24-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Nice report great white and congrads to t1 and mrs t1 ,good to hear mum and bub are doing fine

woppa
24-08-2006, 07:16 PM
Congrats T1 on the new addition to the family! Must be an absolutely awesome time right now!!

Great White... keep trying... i'm a bait fisher through and through... so don't give up on the bait!! Although my husband does do the whole SP thing from time to time.... we seem to have better luck on bait though!

Hopefully will head out this weekend! Not sure where if we do... but hopefully fish will be on the menu! It was my birthday last weekend and spent the entire weekend in bed... you know you're really sick when you're too sick to go out the boat! Hopefully all will make up for it soon though!

Tight Lines!!

Great_White
24-08-2006, 08:07 PM
I forgot to say, T1 insisted that I keep the three fish he caught :) :) :) Thanks T1 sorry I didn't mention it in the first post :-[ :-[ :-[

As for you Brian (Scalem) I sent you a PM and that's all I am saying #:-X :-X :-X

Brent thanks for the advice, will try and take it on board with my limited experience in SP's #:) :) :)

Steven,I stole the Loomis under the cover of darkness ;D ;D ;D no really Janine gave it to me for a try.

woppa, I will keep trying bait and I have booked a secret weapon for Friday and that's all I can say #:-X :-X :-X

It's great to see the more experienced fishos helping the people like me who are keep to learn, find some spots and show us how it's done. I will take you up on that offer T1 in a few weeks when the dust settles with the MRS & Bub.

Peter :D

theoldlegend
25-08-2006, 06:43 AM
Peter, it occurred to me that Janine let you borrow her G Loomis in the fervent hope that you would catch a couple on SP's; just a couple, not more than two.

The conversation at the dinner table that night then might have gone something like this:

H: "So dear, what did you think of my rod?"

GW: "Not bad dear, not bad at all."

H: "Hmmmmm." (Followed by a suitable pause, waiting for the time to strike)

H: "Soooooo, do you think you would ever get one?" (Strike made at this point)

GW: "Maybe dear, maybe."

H: "Do you think we should go and look at one tomorrow?"

GW: "I guess we could, dear."

H: (to herself) "Yessssssss !!!"

Beware of wily women and their wicked ways Peter!!

Thanks again for spooling me up last Monday.

Just joking Janine.

TOL

Great_White
25-08-2006, 05:48 PM
TOL , you need to read 4 posts up from yours. Went to the local and purchased a lovely team Daiwa rod and a Daiwa Primax 2500 reel just to use with SP's. Set me back $300.00 spooled up with 14 lb crystal fireline. :o :o :o

I know it's no G-Loomis but hay that would be copying the MRS ;D ;D ;D

Still yet to catch a legal squire but my time will come :) :) :)

Peter ;)

Got_the_Fever
25-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Peter you will score a squire, I will go further and put everyone on notice that Peter is going to nail his first bay snapper in a very short time. You have a lot of great experience guiding you.

This is my prediction

Kel

Herm
25-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Hey Kel!

Talk about pressure! ;)

He was supposed to be going out tonight with a true bay master - but alas - (and there goes my quiet evening) - due to unavoidable circumstances (and the wind)- the trip was called off! :( Pete had been looking forward to it immensly! He has the sad face on now! :(

But it will happen soon! I keep telling him but it is of little comfort when I have already caught TWO (2) legal squire myself!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:)Janine

Bundy_Burp
25-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Peter you will score a squire, I will go further and put everyone on notice that Peter is going to nail his first bay snapper in a very short time. You have a lot of great experience guiding you.

This is my prediction

Kel

Lets hope your predictions are way better than the weather bureau

Bundy 8-)

Great_White
26-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Talk about putting the pressure on this poor guy ;D ;D ;D

It will happen, don't know when, but each time I go out and return empty handed the odds start to tip in my favor ;) ;) ;) I guess sort of like fishing roulette keep betting on black and it has to come up (eventually)

Kel you are right in saying there are a lot of people helping me so each time I fish with these people I get that little bit more experience :D :D :D

Peter ;)

Got_the_Fever
26-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Bundy my predictions are always better than BOM, I actually own a window to look out to see what the weather is doing.

Kel

Got_the_Fever
26-08-2006, 09:22 AM
Sorry didnt see your post Janine, im so bad at times. He will get on the score board. His next trip he will bring home some squire even if he has to go to morgans and buy some hehehehe.

Kel

Bundy_Burp
26-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Lets hope you keep your window clean then its not much use having a window if you cant see through it ;D

Bundy 8-)

thepartyisover
30-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Those peewees can really be annoying sometimes. Sometimes they're just not worth fighting for!

richieboy
31-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Well as of yet I had heard the rumours but didn't officially add my congrats to T1 and partner on the birth of their son. CONGRATS T!! :D Look forward to catching up soon for a fish champ. Maybe you can show me some of your snapper spots hey. ;)
Top report Great White, undoubtedly a snapper will be yours in due time.

Cheers

Rich ;)

Great_White
31-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks Rich, #bad weather has kept me out of the bay and going to the protest this Saturday so will have to be next week onwards.

But I will get one or two soooooome day ;D ;D ;D

Peter :)

T1
05-09-2006, 03:35 PM
And the lil future Snapper Catcher... (already contemplating which rod he's going to use)!!

Pitsta
05-09-2006, 04:39 PM
WELL T' . IF YOUR THE MASTER, I GUESS THIS IS THE
APPRENTICE..? CONGRATS 2 YOU & THE MISSUS...!!!

CHEERS MARK ;)

Great_White
05-09-2006, 09:40 PM
T1 , that's one good looking boy, must get his good looks from his mum #;D ;D ;D

The baby's got more hair on his head than I do #;D ;D ;D

You should put up a post on him, not in some old has been post.

Talk to you soon T

Peter #;)