PDA

View Full Version : bloody wind

suzy81
14-12-2006, 06:10 AM
when will this wind give up! it seems every weekend for the last 3 months i have had to battle rough seas to get anywhere....and this weekend is just going to rub it in...........damn you work.....why wont it blow through the week!!!!!looks like another horrible trip out again......

woppa
14-12-2006, 06:25 AM
I hear you, I hear you

Poodroo
14-12-2006, 06:58 AM
And I hear in the background the jubilant rejoicing of all the owners of wind powered vessels. :-X The weather has been very good to them. Oh well, it has to improve soon........doesn't it? :-?

Poodroo

finga64
14-12-2006, 07:59 AM
If it blows during the week how do the likes of me get on??
We only fish during the weeks and get the hell outta there on the week-ends just to leave more room for you fellas ;D
Considerate aren't we??
PS Saturday arvo looks OK at this stage ;)

charleville
14-12-2006, 09:15 AM
PS Saturday arvo looks OK at this stage #;)

...but not as good as next Tuesday. #;D ;D ;D #

...and with a 2.2m high tide at 8.02 am. #Ripper!!! # ;D ;D ;D

Fisher4life
14-12-2006, 12:08 PM
tuesday is looking real good...

although if the northelies weren't blowing on saturday, i woulld be out there battling through the chop as well...

suzy81
14-12-2006, 04:22 PM
looks like a migrain is set to kick in around tuesday!

finga64
14-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Whose excited Charlie??
Tuesday is nearly in the bloody ripper category eh
;D
That green smiley looks a bit like me (only I'm not green and have ears) ;D

chief
14-12-2006, 08:39 PM
dam , tuesday looks fantastic and that run out looks good for some action and i have to work dam. Hope you guys have a great session.

charleville
14-12-2006, 09:44 PM
looks like a migrain is set to kick in around tuesday!

Ooops! The weather forecast has changed. Better plan that migraine for Wednesday...

;D ;D ;D

Mullet_Musketeer
15-12-2006, 05:51 AM
;D I will be up at Sunshine beach for the week - Maroochy River, Noosa, Caloundra all in reach and a stamped permission card from the minister of war and finance - how good is that ;)

marlinqld
15-12-2006, 06:15 AM
Do our wives know we call them minister for war and finance?? ;D how do they feel about the name? :-/

Mike

dogsbody
15-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Wind i don't like the stuff. A little i don't mind but it aint no fun in a smaller boat,just gets a little to damp on board whilst underway.

These pics of Seabreeze that Charlie posted the colors on my computer is green below 10 knots and above 20 knots is red, but when i look at the seabreeze website 10 knots is red and above 20 knots is green WTF.

Dave.

Poodroo
15-12-2006, 06:47 AM
Wind i don't like the stuff. A little i don't mind but it aint no fun in a smaller boat,just gets a little to damp on board whilst underway.

These pics of Seabreeze #that Charlie posted the colors on my computer is green below 10 knots and above 20 knots is red, but when i look at the seabreeze website 10 knots is red and above 20 knots is green WTF.

Dave.

Dave Seabreeze was originally designed for windsurfers and the like so basically the higher the wind the better for them which is why it is set up to show green being ideal for them. You can go and change the settings on the website so that it reverses as Charlie did. To do so just go to the "Graphs" section and scroll down the left hand side of that page until you see "customize-change arrow colour"

Poodroo

charleville
15-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Ooops! #The weather forecast has changed. #Better plan that migraine for Wednesday...

Nope - there it goes again #;D ;D ;D - Tuesday is looking good again. #:)

Actually, earlier this morning, the Seabreeze forecast changed so that no day looked good next week. #A bloke could run a book on the odds of a good day on Tuesday... ;D ;D

snakecatcher
15-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Charleville,

Can you let me know the website for getting these forecasts.

Thanks

Mike

charleville
15-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Charleville,

Can you let me know the website for getting these forecasts.

Thanks

Mike

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/qld.asp

dogsbody
15-12-2006, 04:25 PM

These pics of Seabreeze #that Charlie posted the colors on my computer is green below 10 knots and above 20 knots is red, but when i look at the seabreeze website 10 knots is red and above 20 knots is green WTF.

Dave.

Dave Seabreeze was originally designed for windsurfers and the like so basically the higher the wind the better for them which is why it is set up to show green being ideal for them. You can go and change the settings on the website so that it reverses as Charlie did. To do so just go to the "Graphs" section and scroll down the left hand side of that page until you see "customize-change arrow colour"

Poodroo

AAAHHHHH Thank you Andrew, of course the old change color of the arrow trick.

Dave.

suzy81
15-12-2006, 06:25 PM
its amazing how much the forecast will change overnight.......i dont actually take in anything it says untill the night b4 and even then i usually hope for a change!~

suzy81
18-12-2006, 05:35 AM
well there you have it.......a stinkin horrible blowy basterd of a weekend,no water touched the boat but maby a little horrizontal rain that penertrated the garage...it is now 5.30am monday morn weather looks fantastic....one problem....im in this damn uniform again, cursed for yet another week and ruined by lack of fish time from the last fortnight.........i will pray all week for atleast one day of glory over christmas!!!!!!!!.........(you pray to wags)

charleville
18-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Hey what a great week its gonna be for us week-day fishos. # ;)

Yippeeee!!!! #;D ;D ;D

cuzzamundi
18-12-2006, 04:25 PM
yep, that southeaster just won't p&ss off! sick of these windy and bloody cold climes in seq! whatever happened to humidity with summer? global warning my ar#e!

cuzza

dogsbody
18-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Gday if you want another forcast website go to www.askhuey.com.au you can register free for 12 months to check it out.

Dave.

suzy81
18-12-2006, 07:09 PM
its good to have a few forecast websites.....like the news i always pic the chanel that shows the best weather.

woppa
18-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Man i'm over the wind. i'm on holidays now and stuck having to go shopping because of the wind. Tomorrow looks pretty good though so hopefully i'll be able to get my line wet and with a bit of luck have something big and juicy attached to the end of it!! I"m starting to get withdrawals and when i get withdrawals i get cranky!! not a good thing! here's hoping the forecast for tomorrow is right!!