PDA

View Full Version : Good mechanic

MTpockets
10-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi Guys,
I would like to find a good reliable mechanic to service my turbo diesel hilux on a continual basis. The thing has 131,000 k's and will need a major service soon, prolly 150,000 mark. I live around the Beenleigh/waterford area so nearby is prefered.
Any one willing to share?
cheers
Les

ross_woody
21-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Les, try Max Butts at Oxenford, they are located southbound on the highway opposite movieworld

Ross

CHRIS_aka_GWH
21-07-2004, 01:50 PM
kiwi french automotive at randall st slacks creek.
for tyres & related Tyreworks Moss st slacks creek ask for Brad, he's a capable fisho himself.

I'm in the automotive industry & trust them both with my wife & kids - there is nothin' more precious to me.

shano
03-08-2004, 04:43 PM
As Les knows from our chat when you came over ,that my brother is an 'A' grade mechanic! he was working for 'JEEP' (as in chrysler jeep) for many years! did his time at denmac ford and won apprentice of the year! he now works for 'LUBE MOBILE' so this makes him mobile! I will give you his mobile number and he can tell you how to book him in! so as you can imagine he has worked #on 4X4's (prestege ones ;)) and all other makes of car also!he is looking to book in regulars to get a regular clientell, that way he knows your car and it will give you someone to trust with all your repairs!

anyway his name is paul and his number is 0404 187 470
tell him that i said to call (shane his brother)

p.s he is a bloody good mechanic!

MTpockets
04-08-2004, 07:13 AM
cheers and thanks to all,

Shane.
Is he a good diesel mechanic too ;D

Les

SeaHunt
04-08-2004, 08:42 AM
Hi Les, unless you are having problems, more specifically fuel problems , injectors turbo etc., being a diesel mechanic, won't make much diff.
What model is the Hilux, and is the turbo a factory fit or after market.?
Asking because I got a 2000 Xtra Cab diesel and am thinking about turbo-ing it. (if that is a word) ::)
I think my mechanic is a bit dodgey , left dipstick out, I asked for a wheel alignment and I am pretty sure they didn't do it, so I have been changing the oil and filter, greasing it and doing basic things like brake pads myself for the past 20,000 k.
I will have to find a new mechanic myself soon as well, I think the timing belt is supposed to be changed at sometime, though I can't see it in the book. ???

MTpockets
04-08-2004, 11:02 AM
I did find a good mechanic at CB Automotive and he has done some excellent work on my commodore.
They are good with diesels but they do send their work to another few companys that they cant do there. I will have a decent chat to him next time. I do all my own servicing but when it comes to fuels pumps, injectors and the like I will need a good one. The timing belts on hilux diesels should be changed every 100,000k's and aparently on the late models, you can easily do them your self in pretty fast time.
I own a Hilux Surf and belong to the Australian Surf Owners Association and we have hilux members there as well. A lot of the info you find on the site is relevant to the hilux. Here is the link, have a look through the forum and ask a few questions and the guys there will be of great assistance to you. I am a moderator there and can vouch for their experteese. They are surf experts but many do have aussie hilux's. Try this link for the forum,.. http://toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/index.php
And this one for the Surf tech site. May be no good for you but you will see how far they go into the mechanicals....
http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/index.htm
Hope this is of help / interest.
I am MTpockets there as well :)
cheers
Les

ross_woody
05-08-2004, 05:55 AM
Les, I have a Surf as well, just do your oil change every 5000km and new oil filter every 10000km, They dont give you that much trouble, just make sure you have the red toyota coolant in the radiator.

Ross

also thanks for this site addr ( re surf website)

MTpockets
05-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Did you become a member of the forum Ross?
cheers
Les

ross_woody
06-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Yes for both, just recent for ausfish and around 9 months for the Surf site

shano
07-08-2004, 02:04 PM
mate to be honest i wouldn't know!
perhaps a ring could find out! if i speak to him some itme soon i will ask for ya mate ;)

shano
13-08-2004, 10:18 AM
yeap spoke to my brother and he does do diesels also ;) he is working on one as i type this ,a diesel 4x4

bruce4x4
14-08-2004, 03:56 AM
Must be a Landdrover ;D ;D

shano
14-08-2004, 05:12 AM
i actually think it s a surf from memory! :-/