PDA

View Full Version : Best trailer for easy loading 6.5m alum boat

seabug
15-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Any suggestions on a trailer for easy one person launching/retrieving
a 6.5m. plate alum boat would be appreciated.
Single hull,1800/2000KG.
Thanks
Seabug

Aaron_Fogarty
16-10-2004, 07:26 AM
Seabug
Mate any of your multi roller jobbies should do the trick.I had a 5.8 sportsfish supa v on a belco multi and I never had any trouble launching and recovering alone ,although i used to drive it on and off the trailer alone. Doing this, its the roller set up thats important and this sometimes takes time to set up properley
You need enough friction to hold your boat on the trailer after you unhook it and climb aboard. 3/4 throttle in reverse should get you off the trailer. Recovery, also after you drive on and kill the motor the weight of the boat should provide enough friction to hold it on the trailer while you climb over the bow sprit and hook her up.
if dunking four grand worth of trailer is not your thing then youll need an electric winch...6.5 alone.!!.. the tide and wind is going to be a big factor so a well planned exit from the ramp is needed.
Start upwind or uptide whatever is stronger. dont know if this is the info you wanted ?
regards Aaron

seabug
16-10-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks Aaron,
Launching would be from places like Portland,Vic ,where boatramp is in a harbour.
6.5m as Bass Strait gets pretty choppy
Regards
Seabug