PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Flush Out

Fishin_Dan
17-09-2004, 09:59 AM
I read in a magazine a while ago about a company in QLD offering for $99 a flush out of older Jap Diesel motors. Apparently it can restore the motors back to full working order again. Gives you back full compression again, removes all the crap from you engine, etc...

Has anyone heard about it? If so, is it any good? And does anyone know the website for it? If I come across it again, I will post here for all....

Big_Kev
18-09-2004, 04:09 PM
LOL
I like a man with a sense of humor. :D

Glug
21-09-2004, 05:46 AM
Depends on the condition of your engine, if your bores and rings are worn nothing will fix it long term, apart from new rings and a rebore. I think the one you might be talking about has adverts in 4WD magazines and they clean out the fuel system and flush the motor. I don't have any magazines here so sorry can't give you any help with address.

Fishin_Dan
21-09-2004, 08:12 AM
I think the one you might be talking about has adverts in 4WD magazines and they clean out the fuel system and flush the motor.

Yep, that's the one. It has a picture of Milo's old green Fourby in the ad (At least I think it's his....). Forgot to look over the weekend for it.

I would just be interested to find out if it is worth getting, cause for $99, that's a pretty good deal.... Worth looking into anyway....

Sportfish_5
21-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Dan - that will just be a waste of your $100 bucks. Nothing like that will restore compression in a diesel engine. Maybe there will be a temporary improvement if they put some sort of additive in that will stick to the rings etc but it wont last.

Before you spend the $$ get some more info - what do they flush ? cooling system,crankcase or fuel system.

Cheers

Greg

Lucky_Phill
21-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Yes I have had it done.

It was on a 3.2 petrol Jackaroo. $100.

The place is down at Slacks Creek.

Don't know about resotring compression, but, the idea is, it flushes the motor underpressure, removing carbon and crap.

Stopped the lifters ticking in the 3.2.

I believe the name is " Sludge Out :.

I can find out more , given time. Just don't have a card on me now.

Cheers Phill

Fishin_Dan
08-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Found the add again:-

http://www.costeffective.com.au/foc.htm

Lucky Phil - How did you find it? Did it do any good?

Bish
25-10-2004, 06:39 PM
It sounds like snake oil to me.

I often clean out the inside.

Just before an oil change, I add a litre or so of diesel to the oil one light trip around the block (A kilometre or so) and drain it.
This will save yo $98.
Kev

mulletguts
29-10-2004, 03:53 PM
compression can be restored in a diesel engine if glazing is the problem? It is a simple procedure rough as f@#% but performed by most major Diesel Engine companies including Caterpillar they even have there own brand of this magical compression in can.. Ready for it AJAX works a treat straight in the intake at full noise beautiful leaves your engine lemon fresh as well. Just thought some of you might find that of interest Cheers.

Rossco
30-10-2004, 10:47 PM
And if your oil filter doesn't catch it's [smiley=behead.gif] death to the bigends! not to mention ring lands!!
Personally I'd love to know what the Cat product is......Never heard of it and I've been selling earthmoving parts for years! they would never use a dry chemical as it would be death to a Turbo!! I have seen it done by backyarders one suzi sierra lasted about a week after the BONOX treatment.....NEVER DO THIS!!

Rossco

Rossco
30-10-2004, 10:51 PM
I would agree about flushing the oil system in a jap import diesel most japanese cars are never serviced due to the low k's they travel. the flush just removes sludge and may free sticky lifters......Then again so does adding a litre of kero and letting the engine idle for a few minutes before doing an oil change.

Rossco

Big_Kev
31-10-2004, 02:41 AM
compression can be restored in a diesel engine if glazing is the problem? It is a simple procedure rough as f@#% but performed by most major Diesel Engine companies including Caterpillar they even have there own brand of this magical compression in can.. Ready for it AJAX works a treat straight in the intake at full noise beautiful leaves your engine lemon fresh as well. Just thought some of you might find that of interest Cheers.

AJAX powder is no good for this, forms a gum and sticks the rings up if applied to much at once, and it won't take much.(makes engine go bang)
AJAX can be purchased in a soap cake form and is scraped in with a knifes edge with the turbo disconnected. It is applied until the correct crankcase pressure at stall is achieved.
This works for a bit but is no magic solution, the engine is on its way to the great engine graveyard in the sky.
Cheers Kev.