PDA

View Full Version : HZJ75 starting problems-heating circuit

ol_bob
31-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Can anyone give me some info on fuel heatin system for 1hz motor got no power to glow plug rail, there is power to one side of glow plug solenoid, solenoid operates, is it this the pre heater timer thingo and if so were is it located in the car..im sure it is in the passangers front quater panel(under the bonnet) All fuses and links seem ok.
Also the glow plug light in the cab goes out about a second or two after it comes on. I have replaced the glow plugs about 2k ago.

Cheers
Ol Bob

Rossco
01-11-2004, 01:25 AM
Be sure to check all engine coolant temp sensors, these usually cause the problem....
the glow timer is in the passanger side footwell behind the trim.....

Also did you replace the old glow plugs with the correct voltage one's?? check the old ones, it's written on the nut section.....blown plugs will have the same effect on the glow timer.

Rossco

Big_Kev
01-11-2004, 02:45 AM
This is the only Diagram I have Bob.
For a slightly older model but should be close, so hope it helps..
If it isn't behind the foot trim like Ross said, try behind the glove box I think mine is located there. Just remember the number one rule with electrics, if it starts smoking somthing is wrong.
Cheers Kev

Big_Kev
01-11-2004, 02:46 AM
Upside down Miss Jane.

ol_bob
01-11-2004, 07:54 AM
cheers boys,
this is probably a stupid question but how do i test the water sensors and the preheat timer without a multimeter? all i got is a test light...

ol_bob
01-11-2004, 10:41 AM
alright i found the timer i think it was behind the glove box.. The problem seems to be on and off sometimes it does it other times it wont... i know it turns itself off after a while to save batt power and glowplug life but somes times when ya turn the key on there is no power to the rail at all.... makes it hard to diagnose this is doing my head in any one got any ideas.. ohh yeah just went and bought a multimeter so does any one the resistance values for the sensors and timer?
THANKYOU.....

Ol Bob