PDA

View Full Version : Taking a Nissan X-Trail off road

scubapro
12-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Hi Folks,

Has anyone actually tried taking an X-Trail off road?

If so ow dis it go? any damage to the rear muffler or any of the under body parts?

Any info would be appreciated.

Scubapro

MY-TopEnder
13-11-2004, 04:20 PM
I think there is a wrap up in this months 4x4 Australia magazine... the December issue is out so its that one.

maverick1
22-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi ,
My brother in law has a Xtrail and we have put it through its paces on the beaches from South Ballina to north shore noosa , nearly a bog on each trip ,(only coming back up through cuttings) i think this was due to inexperince and tyre pressures, biggest problem is ground clearance if you had another three inches it would be great soft roader , overall a good vechile but not hard core offroader.
regards

Maverick

Rowdy_2002
23-11-2004, 02:44 AM
Gday Maverick,

Were the tyre leT down at all? If so what pressure was he running?

Its not just soft roaders that get bogged on the cuttings. They get so chopped up and rutted that it happens to all types of vehicle.

maverick1
24-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Hi Rowdy,
Yes the tyres where let down , at south ballina after two bogs we snatched them out , we had to let the tyres down to 10 psi to get through the cutting , never seen the sand so boggy ,once they got a good run up they got through, its all good fun and we all learned more about how different vechiles handle different situations .

Cheers
Maverick

CHRIS_aka_GWH
25-11-2004, 11:08 AM
... it happens to all types of vehicle.

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X #::) :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

finding_time
26-11-2004, 12:55 PM
If off road is the beach then its fine
If its a 4WD park for example think twice eg. DON'T. my brother took his to LANDCRUISER PARK and didn't make the campsite let alone any trails
There is not enough clearance underneath and the ramp angles are shi... (not very good) still i haven't laughed so hard in years :-X