PDA

View Full Version : Hiclone   Do  They   work????

Big_L
23-10-2004, 05:24 AM
Hi Guys, I got a Mazda Tribute V6 and thinking of fitting a Hiclone to try improve the fuel consumption. If anybody has one or know someone has fitted one and know if they work, please tell me, any info welcome.

Glug
23-10-2004, 05:49 AM
There are heaps of posts about them on the 4WD sites but after many years the jury is still out. Some guys say they work others say they don't, again it maybe just a case of how you drive and where you drive. But as with lots of these things are you going to recover the cost in savings.

cHiCo
23-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Apparently i heard to skip the hiclones and look at the different extractors.

Dug
23-10-2004, 09:59 AM
I was looking at fitting them until I talked to my mechanic he fitted about $10,000 worth to every vehicle he could find from his V8 chev race car & toyota 4x4 to a 3 cylinder suzuki hatch. He tuned and dynoed the cars before and after, there was a less than a 1% change in consumption or performance. He had nothing to gain or lose by recommending them or not.

When you work out the sums on purchase price and the petrol you may save even at their figures you would have to do a lot of miles to pay back the investment.

I gave them a miss :D #

Thebuffalo
24-10-2004, 05:44 AM
Save your money. I had one on my troopy and did not have any significant changes, none as quoted anyway. I put in a foam filter and straight through rear muffler and the changes were noticable at the pedal. Extractors would help. Being a petrol I don't have much knowledge, but a diesel, let her breathe and she will give good results, same with the exhaust.

Cheers

Brett_Hoskin
27-12-2004, 01:28 PM
They work at making money for the manufacturer and resellers. I have never heard of them being recommended.

caveman
27-12-2004, 03:03 PM
i bought one ::) :-/ , save your $$$$

whiteman
14-01-2005, 07:12 AM
My mate sells Hiclones and he refused to put one on my Tribby as it would end our friendship. Read what you like into this.

Mr.Smog
17-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Big_L,
Do not have a Hiclone but something similar. Difference negligible. Probably better to fit snorkel, extractors and 2 1/2 or 3 inch system.
Cheers,
Mr.Smog

QldKev
26-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Same here, fitted 2 onto a WRX. Fuel economy didn't change, and feal of the seat power was the same.