PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Wrangler

qcr
16-02-2005, 07:02 AM
I'm thinking of buying a wrangler, the price seems OK at the moment. Can anyone that has one tell me their opinion of the vehicle and what the fuel consumption is like. There is only the 2 of us and as we are moving back to the cairns area we thought it might be a good vehicle to have.
Thanks
terry

Big_Kev
16-02-2005, 03:25 PM
The Wrangler is a great vehicle if you are suited to sporty and fun in the sun.
Not much room in the back, but for two it is great. The new model boasts more leg room in the back.
The 4ltr motor has heaps of grunt and will blowaway anything the other big names have to offer. #Will get around 15-16 ltrs 100k around town and a bit better on the highway, compareable to most petrol 4x4.
More than enough aftermarket accessories to make it look the part or go better off the track.

And as Jeep owners know "There is only one Jeep".Everything else is just an imitation.

Try www.ausjeepoffroad.com.au the guys there will fill you in on all the good info.

Or pick up a copy of Jeep Action Australia magazine for an insight into the Jeep Thing.
Cheers Kev.

gunna
17-02-2005, 05:45 AM
Can't say anything about the Wrangler - but I had a Jeep Cherokee for most of the past 10 years. It was great off road. We did most of the desert tracks a couple times(Birdsville, Strezlecki, Oodnadatta). Did the Simpson. Also took it to Fraser twice. Heaps of grunt and tops in the soft stuff.

qcr
17-02-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the replies I'll check out the web site and keep researching
Terry

qcr
17-02-2005, 08:50 AM
Reel Hard
The ausjeep web site is not connecting, can I check that the site is correct please
Thanks
Terry

Dug
18-02-2005, 03:52 PM
A mate has a wrangler soft top and she loves it!

I find it a waste of space, great off road sure, but cannot carry enough gear, it's as noisy as hell, It runs on Premium petrol and she gets about 400 km to a tank of gas, it's easy to break into and It's not really comfortable for long trips. It's an expensive toy.

Like she says "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" #

I don't. [smiley=thumbsdown.gif]

Buy a Toyota! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Big_Kev
18-02-2005, 04:56 PM
ausjeepoffroad.com.au works for me?

You had best stick to the Datsuns Dug. [smiley=laola.gif]

Big_Kev
18-02-2005, 05:03 PM
www.AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM
Take the au off the end and it will work qcr.
Cheers Kev.