PDA

View Full Version : late model jackaroos 2.8td or 3.0TD?

murrayscod
05-02-2005, 03:46 PM
gday, my rodeo is currently in a 4wd yard awaiting a donor wrecked engine. the mechanic has just told me he found a 2.8 turbo diesel out of a latish model jackaroo with 72000 on it. i have searched everywhere and can not find anything to suggest that they put the 2.8 litre motor in later model jackaroos which makes me suspicious about the so called late model motor....
any ideas?
cheers luke

murrayscod
07-02-2005, 11:16 AM
surely someone would have an idea please i need to know asap...
cheers

Big_unit
07-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Hey Luke,
Check out Holdens website, I am fairly certain that you will find out what you want to know. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Big unit.

PG
11-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Why not just phone Holden and ask to have a chat with the service guys or spare parts dept. They usually know more than anyone else !

murrayscod
13-02-2005, 04:50 PM
well i did try asking holden and first of all spent a long time on hold then to find that they still couldnt answer my question. eventually he said according to the book i was right about them stopping the use of the 2.8 in 1992.

anyways moving on i discovered last tues after going in to cancel that motor due to suspicion it was sitting there in the shed ready to be put in. it is obviously different to the motor in the rodeo as the turbo reads '2.8 turbo" rather than diesel turbo.. i then asked if it was a jap import and found out it was which i was kinda annoyed about as although i didnt specify i wanted a holden rodeo wrecked motor, i was unaware that this place even used jap import motors i thought it was all wrecked.. anyways he didnt know what it had come out of, he assured me it was a 98 model which i cant see how as i didnt think the 4JB1T motor would have so many variations..
i think it might be a pre 1997 motor but have no idea what that motor looked like or it could be out of a trooper or the like in later model.. i wouldve thought that itd be easier all round for them to find a wrecked/ jap import motor exactly like mine to save the trouble with different connections installation...

ive just given up thinking about it and will let someonelse deal with the stress of it all... some mechanics are just in their own world...

brush
01-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Hey Luke , check the 4wd engine imports Dont think i am wrong but an isuzu 2.8 or 3.0 will drop straight in. The 2.84jb1-t 2771cc or the 4jg2-t 3.1 are ripper engines, mate buy the Mag JUST 4x4 you will find them listed in there or/ ring Brisbane Motor Imports 32746611
These guys have all the clues , Brush