PDA

View Full Version : Spotlights

Daintreeboy
21-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Interested to know peoples thoughts on a decent set of spotlights for a 4wd. MY brother has just bought a navara and is chasing some so I thought I'd upgrade from my now old Narva spotties. We're both looking at something mid range so HID is out. Any info appreciated.
Cheers, Mark.

finga64
22-02-2005, 09:26 AM
cibie super oscars, one spread and one spot!! Not too badly priced and bloody good lights. ;D

fatboy74
22-02-2005, 10:13 AM
I have narva bull spotlights on my cruza and they are good .I run a good relay with them so i get good power to them them lights about $70 plus mounting bracket.And on my other truck i have IPF spotlights there good too but a bit pricey .

whiteman
22-02-2005, 10:14 AM
I've got a set of Hella Rallye 1000s (spread and spot). They work really well. Most of my driving at night is on the Bruce Highway. They were "thrown in" as a sweatener when I got the new Prado so I don't know if the cost lots.

Daintreeboy
22-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks guys. What are the Narva bull spotlights. I currently have the standard Narva spotties. Pretty happy with them but the lens' have gone opaque so they're a bit dull now.
Cheers, Mark.

cooky
23-02-2005, 05:49 AM
I've had a few spotties over the years. CIBIES (installed new 2 yrs ago) on my hilux were weak-as-piss and one of the brackets ended up breaking after some dirt road work (noticed a spotty hanging on by the wire one day).

I replaced with large rectangular IPF spots and much, much better. I also upgraded headlight bulbs to IPF - made a difference.

sidewayz
23-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Got a pair of Lightforce 240's on the front of the cruiser, they seem to do the trick. They're a bit expensive but the people i know who use them swear by them.

finga64
23-02-2005, 12:24 PM
sorry to here that about the cibies.
I must have some good old ones ;)
I come from Warwick and bashed around dirt roads everywhere and hit the odd roo (best go was 7 in one night :-/) and never-ever had one break on me.
The hella rally 1000 aren't too bad either (brother has them) and are a lot cheaper then the cibies.

reel_killer
23-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Get the lightforce spotties you cant kill them and they have the best light when compared to narva, cibie, hella and ipf. They are a bit pricey but worth every cent.

eggbeater
26-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Go the IPF's I reckon

megafish71
27-02-2005, 04:16 AM
Go with the Lightforce Mark. Mine have quite a few years on them now & been on two Cruisers now. Couldn't kill them even running up and down lots of rough dirt roads for years up in the Territory. Give me a yell if you want to have a look at them.

Cheers Ron

reefraider_II
01-03-2005, 05:18 PM
I had narvas when I first started 4x4 but the lenses fell out I spoke to a narva rep and he gave me my money back(which is good for narvas customer care) I upgraded to hella rallye 2000 cost me $200 each light and was very happy with them.Now I need a set on the patrol and am kicking myself for selling them with the old car with the spotties >:(

ANYFISH
02-03-2005, 03:24 PM
definately lightforce
i have got 1 rally2000 and 2 ralley 1000 on my hilux and these were still nothing compared to the lightforce on my brothers ute.

just watch out some bastard decided my brother didn't need his spotties any more and pinched them one night when he left his ute at the pub. (he should'v drove home pissed)

dfox
02-03-2005, 06:03 PM
Id go lightforce as well, ive had a lot of spotties and there as good as any.They throw a good beam thats adjustable and can take a hiding. The car ive got now has them on and one of those lights has been on three cars and still going strong.Thats a total of around 380 000km of driving, alot of that out west chasing pigs and roo shooting, its the light in the middle of the pic...foxy

Daintreeboy
02-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Righto thanks guys, looks like light force it is. Foxy, what are the two types you have there??
Cheers, Mark.

Daintreeboy
03-03-2005, 12:04 PM
OK some dramas. The light force 240's (looks like foxy's middle one) are too big and reckon the 170's are too small. Of all the ones I've just checked out today, the Hella 4000's look to be the goods and are 221 mm so a good size.
There is a new IPF light out called 9000xs (I think) that comes with wiring harness and 2 lights for 400 bucks.
The Hellas are 220 each without harness, hmmm what to do.

magicpudding
04-03-2005, 02:43 PM
We do a fair bit of shooting and night driving in my mates landie. He's now running a set of the hella 4000's and they have done the job well. They have a really rugged construction, we've hit a fair few roos with them, and they haven't been damaged.

Has anyone tried the new hella predators? Now they look awesome! (if you can forget the price)

CJ

jethro6641
05-03-2005, 03:07 AM
Mate check the mounts on the lightforce. I found on my last cruiser that they sate a little more forward than the hella's and may still fit. Worth checking as I don't think you can beat them.

Jamie

dfox
06-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Mark- the two smaller lights in the pic are also lightfoce, i have them angled outwards a fair bit to spot roos just off the road. Saved a few big hits seeing them coming. Hope you find some that fit mate...foxy