PDA

View Full Version : Toyota hilux dual cab ute

fisho22
12-03-2005, 04:36 AM
Hi ya all
In a couple of months, Im thinking about buying an older (1985-1990) Hilux twin cab ute, and Im wondering if anyone has heard any bad reports about these ute's.

Ive only got $5000 to play with, so I want to get the best I possibly can.

Any help will be appreciated
Fisho22

Big_Kev
12-03-2005, 02:59 PM
They are a very good and reliable truck. Have a good look all over it for rust, that will be the main issue. Someone good with Toyota will know exactly where to look.
With only 5k I think you might have to look around hard for what is there for the money and not be concern with the year, but more the condition of the rig. A diesel will cost more and one with a lot of k's should be avoided as they costamotza to overhaul. The petrol has more get up then the old Briggs and stratton diesel anyway. Hope this helps.
;DCheers Kev.

fisho22
13-03-2005, 04:06 AM
Hi Kev
Thanks for your assistance, your quite right about the rust, I will check it right over before I part with my cash.

Thanx for your help
Ron (Fisho22)

ANYFISH
13-03-2005, 05:09 AM
gday mate
i have got an 89 ute (single cab) these things are tuff. mine has been put through its paces and hasn't let me down once. the deisel motours lack a bit of power but make up for it in reliability.
the only reason i will be selling mine shortly is to tow a bigger boat.

Fishing_Freddy
20-03-2005, 03:16 AM
I have had my hilux dual cab for five years and can't fault it. I've even used it to pull a land cruiser off the beach.I would recomend these fourbys to anyone. You might have to scrap up some more cash for a pretty good one. Best of luck and I hope you get years of enjoyment as I have ;D ;D ;D